Liability for libel - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liability for libel

Quote Originally Posted by stantistic View Post
    The possibility for being sued for defamation or libel for posts in this forum exists. I am concerned about two separate classes of problems.

a) Suppose someone somehow, without my knowledge makes a forged post with my pseudonym, and that post is libelous. How is the liability split between CMF and myself even if I remove it as soon as I become aware of it?

b) I would not knowingly make a libelous post but which nevertheless may contain inadvertent errors in fact. What is my liability in this case?

Legal fees can be ruinous.

Comments anyone?
    Burden of proof is on the plaintiff that you made the comments in question. Almost impossible to prove unless you admit to it.

The pera must be paid

Reference post #4. It was with great trepidation I awaited the arrival of a bill in my private mail Inbox for the sound counsel concerning the liability problem. The bill has not yet arrived. I puzzled as to why this was so, and subsequently applied my best situational analysis skills. It narrowed down to one of two probable causes:

1) The International Union of Email Carriers was (yet again) on strike.
    or
    2) I am poor and can afford only a small pm Inbox, and the consulting fees are so large, consequently they cannot fit into the box. I hear that with these new-fangled electronic devices it’s all or nothing.

May I suggest that the bill be resubmitted with smaller numbers. It logically follows that smaller numbers will occupy a smaller space.

I am knowledgeable about these matters because the hoi polloi males (from whom I am a descendent) boasted among themselves about “……too big for the box”. We have here again a similar instance. Otherwise, I personally am not afflicted that way.

Quote Originally Posted by stantistic View Post
    Reference post #4. It was with great trepidation I awaited the arrival of a bill in my private mail Inbox for the sound counsel concerning the liability problem. The bill has not yet arrived. I puzzled as to why this was so, and subsequently applied my best situational analysis skills. It narrowed down to one of two probable causes:

1) The International Union of Email Carriers was (yet again) on strike.
    or
    2) I am poor and can afford only a small pm Inbox, and the consulting fees are so large, consequently they cannot fit into the box. I hear that with these new-fangled electronic devices it’s all or nothing.

May I suggest that the bill be resubmitted with smaller numbers. It logically follows that smaller numbers will occupy a smaller space.

I am knowledgeable about these matters because the hoi polloi males (from whom I am a descendent) boasted among themselves about “……too big for the box”. We have here again a similar instance. Otherwise, I personally am not afflicted that way.
    Yes, you got it right. The bill had too many big numbers and would not fit in your inbox. It was returned. It has now been cancelled because it has been pointed out by wraphter that wikipedia can provide much more complete and accurate information at no charge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12