Rental in Orlando Florida - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rental in Orlando Florida

I would suggest you track down Canadian owners of a condo in Orlando. They are your only source of real information.

Pattie Lovett-Reid rationalizes buying in Florida
    I chatted with her about estate taxes and non-resident fees (of which she knew nothing) before going through with their purchase. Of course, the Florida realtor mentioned nothing about any of it.

Last edited by kcowan; 2017-05-17 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Added link

My advice is to buy inland and cater to locals. Leases are long term and tend to be more steady. You should still be able to pick up a small semi-detached for under $100k USD. You can expect about $1500 / mth. There are several Canadian banks down there that will finance you. Once all said and done, you can expect a healthy return on your investment.

I also suggest you hook up with an RE agent down there that caters to Canadian investors. They are usually a one-stop-shop where they will find you the property, coordinate the transaction and manage the rental for you. Obviously there is a management cost for that but your income will easily offset that. Its a hands-off experience.

And lastly, get yourself a good accountant that is experienced with foreign income since you will need to declare it all. You can also consult a lawyer if you have specific legal concerns.

My sister bought a duplex in Orlando FL. when the economy tanked. Bought for 40k and the property cash flow is $300 after all expenses. No major complications so far. She's been to her property twice in 10 years.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Is that $300 per year? IOW 0.0075 or 0.75% ROI before capital gains?

300 a month positive cash flow. Taking into consideration it's been rented from day 1. no big issues other than changing carpeting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12