Best Alternative Software to Quicken for Canadian use?

Thread: Best Alternative Software to Quicken for Canadian use?

Best Alternative Software to Quicken for Canadian use?

I've got to replace Canadian Quicken 2014 Home & Business. They've stopped supporting it.

I've been doing some comparison of various programs (spreadsheet comparison), but am open to hear what some of you have found.

Some day I will need to confront my beloved quicken applications' demise. I have been using it since 1993.

I started on 6, upgraded to 99, and then got a free patch that took me to 08, I think.
    No online integration, or auto bank account integration.

A pain in the neck in one way, but in this manner I can keep old versions running.
    \

I like the online quote updating part of Quicken so I will likely keep upgrading.... even with the new and highly distasteful subscription version that will cost quite a bit more. Until 2017, a Quicken version was good for 3 years of online updating. Starting this year, the model has changed to subscription style aka Office 365. It will now take $100 a year subscription to have a functional Quicken program. Ba%($*%ds.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

I onced loved quicken. I gave it up years ago when they forced updates on me. I track finances using Excel and downloading CSV files from financial institutions.

There have already been several Quicken threads on this topic in the proper section

I have been planning to migrate to Google Spreadsheets ever since Quicken came out with the sundown policy. Excel is actually even worse than Quicken, I had a legit copy of Office 2013 Pro and I can't move it to my new PC. I've been meaning to get a new copy from work but I wouldn't pay for Office when Google Docs is actually more advanced in collaboration, scraping online data such as ticker prices and free (Microsoft has just been copying Google lately..) The reasons I keep a Microsoft machine running at all are pretty much obsolete and now that I've tried Windows 10, this will be the last. I may give Moneydance a try on Mac before switching to Google

I have however successfully "acquired" Quicken updates to keep my paid version going on life support for now..
    amat victoria curam

I am annoyed that Quicken now charges more money for poor support of their new annual subscription model requiring online access. I fear that if I find myself some place where I have poor or nonexistent internet connection, then I won't be able to update my account records.
    I've been looking at Moneyspire. Anyone have experience with it?