Moving 200 K from one bank to another. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving 200 K from one bank to another.

People think breaking a large sum into multiple 9999$ transfers will prevent the transactions from being reported to FINTRAC. That is not the case. FINTRAC is actually ran by people that know what they're doing.

http://www.fintrac.gc.ca/publication...A/lctr-eng.asp

If you are a reporting entity as described in section 2, you have to send a large cash transaction report to FINTRAC in the following situations:

If you receive an amount of $10,000 or more in cash in the course of a single transaction. Each such transaction must be sent to FINTRAC separately, in its own report.

If you receive two or more cash amounts of less than $10,000 each that total $10,000 or more. In this case, if you are an individual, you have to make a large cash transaction report if you know the transactions were made within 24 consecutive hours of each other by or on behalf of the same individual or entity. If you are an entity, you have to make a large cash transaction report if your employee or senior officer knows the transactions were made within 24 consecutive hours of each other by or on behalf of the same individual or entity.
    I didn't find indications to the effect that domestic transactions are except from these reporting requirements, contrary to what Gibor affirmed upthread.

My assumption has been that all such transactions are recorded, domestic and International, which is as it should be. We know nefarious transactions exist domestically as well

Super Moderator
    A very wide variety of transactions can be reported to FINTRAC. Unfortunately there is no way to audit this, so I just assume everything I transfer is being FINTRAC'ed. I'm not going to stop transferring money just because of it; this would be crippling.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/fint...ians-1.2224595

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12