Cross-Canada Road Trip - Any Suggestions? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cross-Canada Road Trip - Any Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by kcowan View Post
    From Riding Mountain Park to Jasper, there is not much to see.

gosh, u don't like moraine lake, lake o'hara near kicking horse pass, lake louise, angel glacier? when i was in college i used to waitress summertimes at some of those old CPR lodges. We would work 14 days straight to get 4 days off, then go on hiking/climbing trips.

Agree with others with Canmore, Banff. The Kootenays are nice and don't forget the Okanagan and their hot summers, lakes, wineries, and orchards.

After June 15th, you can take the paved portion of Alberta highway 40 from Longview up through Kananaskis country. Known as the Highwood Pass, it is an excellent way to see mountain wildlife.

Highway 1A between Banff and Lake Louise is a nice leisurely drive.

The Icefields Parkway between Lake Louise and Jasper is a world class scenic drive.

Motorcyclists spend a lot of time researching the scenic routes. You can sometimes find a hidden gems on the Best Biking Roads website..
    If you have something to say - then say.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

o Vancouver then swing down to California
    make sure to allocate some time for Oregon, amazing nature, a lot of beautiful waterfalls close to Portland, state park close to Salem with 12 waterfalls on 3 km trail, Bend is very nice, Crate Lake is simply amazing (must swim there ), also I liked clothes optional hot springs... goto website swimmingholes.org , you will find a lot of nice places

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12