Buy and hold? Not for me. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buy and hold? Not for me.

"Nobody went to jail they just went broke."

How many times has this happened lol. Even when they bring down the world economy they get bailed out - with our money - after losing our money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty O'Toole View Post
    "Nobody went to jail they just went broke."

How many times has this happened lol. Even when they bring down the world economy they get bailed out - with our money - after losing our money.
    No they don't "lose" our money, that implies it just disappeared and no one knows where it went, like when you lose a sock in the dryer. The top executives pocket the money and it gets shuffled into offshore accounts, so it's not technically "lost" now is it?
    Hidden Content It's not a "how-to." It's a "why bother."

....hmmmm...this thread's got me to thinking.....haven't checked the value of my Nortel & Valeant shares lately, which i bought a long time ago & held, & held..

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

I remember, when Nortel was on its way to the moon, sitting around discussing how nortel would sell equipment to a company, then loan the money to buy the equipment to the company and, upon reading their financials, discovering that boy the sold units and the loans were being declared as "profits". It wasn't very hard to find if you looked for it, and why I steered clear of the company. I suppose others were too busy buying the trend instead of doing basic research. I also avoided Enron, worldcom, breX, sinoforrest, and a whole lot of other highly touted stocks because they didn't pass the sniff test when I looked into them...but I'm sure it's the buy and hold strategy that was at fault.
    I'm not JustAGuy (without spaces), or Donald, or <insert name here>.

I rode the Nortel for a couple profits. It was never buy and hold for every.

Canadian banks I likely die with them.

The weed stocks are the next example. The old dope smokers are keeping the price up and the crash just a matter on time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234