Interac e-Transfer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interac e-Transfer

Interac e-Transfer

Can you send a Interac e-Transfer from the CIBC to any other bank IE: RBC or is it between CIBC clients only?

I think it is a person to person transfer via email address. You can try to email yourself the money and deposit it in your other bank. Just thinking out loud...not sure about any of this.

email address and they need to have an account with a canadian institution (can only be sent to certain canadian financial entities)

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by newfoundlander61 View Post
    Can you send a Interac e-Transfer from the CIBC to any other bank IE: RBC or is it between CIBC clients only?
    Yes ... I have received from banks I don't bank with.
    I have also sent where I have no idea what participating bank was receiving the funds.

Bascially all that is needed is an email address and the receiver confirming their financial institution participates.
    http://www.interac.ca/en/faq

Cheers

I have done an e transfer from Tangerine to a Credit Union to myself using the same email address. The drop down lists for Banks and institutions covers many, if not all.

And banks can make transfer at no cost. CIBC pays us our RIF proceeds each year into our TD accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by newfoundlander61 View Post
    I do not have a CIBC account but I have friends who have sent me interac e-transfers from their CIBC accounts so yes it can be done.

I Interac email transfer with a number of folks (vendors) and don't even know who their banking institution is (and don't need to know other than they say they accept Interac email transfers). Except between my spouse and I, I know she banks RBC while I bank Scotia.

FROM RBC

You can now transfer funds immediately to your friends, family or associates who have accounts at
    other Canadian financial institutions. An e-mail notice will be sent to them explaining how to collect the
    funds through the Email Money Transfer secure payment system. This new service is available in
    addition to your current payment options through our Online Banking service.

Simple, Fast, and Secure way to send money:
    1. Click on "Pay bills and transfer funds" to send an Interac* Email Money Transfer
    2. Simply enter the amount you would like to send and indicate from which account the money should
    be withdrawn
    3. Select your payment choice-in this case Email Money Transfer
    4. Enter the security question and answer that is only shared with the recipient
    5. Follow the screen prompts and within minutes your transfer will be completed

Important Facts about Interac Email Money Transfers:
    * All you need to know is the recipient's name and e-mail address.
    * You will need to provide a security question only the recipient will be able to answer.
    * You will be able to review the status of the money transfer through the Payment History option.
    * There is a fee of $1.50 to send an Interac Email Money Transfer that is withdrawn from the sender's
    account immediately and is non-refundable. (Unless you have an account package that allows a number of free monthly transfers)
    * There is no service fee to receive an Email Money Transfer using RBC Royal Bank Online Banking.

However, if the recipient does not bank online, they may be charged an additional service fee to
    register and provide account information to receive the funds within 3-5 business days.
    * There is no money sent through e-mail. The recipient's e-mail address is only used as a notification
    of the transfer.

OGG, what is your purpose for the cut and paste? The process is essentially the same for every institution.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast