Dividends increases for the year posts. Summarize in first post?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dividends increases for the year posts. Summarize in first post?

Lightbulb Dividends increases for the year posts. Summarize in first post?

There's a thread about 2017's Dividend increases but you've got to scroll down the posts and read them all. Let's get one person to start the new year post and he/she can add the latest increase to that initial post. If we want to read more about it, we can scroll down to the post.

The board doesn't let you edit old posts anymore so that won't work.

I have noticed CTC-A, DOL ATO-X, and TRP have kicked dividends up so far in my portfolio in 2017.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

This seems like a good idea.
    What does the rest of the community think about this?

Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by cmfadmin View Post
    This seems like a good idea.
    What does the rest of the community think about this?

Richard.
    Are you going to change the board settings so older posts can be edited?

One person tracking all dividend increases? Not going to happen.
    I treat the thread like a news feed - you have to look when you see a new post (just like all threads of interest). If I see a new post, I check and see what is posted, a company I care about I note the good news, a company I don' care about, move on. I recognize the thread may not be complete.
    Let's KISS and not try to be a lazy man's database.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMyOpinion View Post
    One person tracking all dividend increases? Not going to happen.
    I treat the thread like a news feed - you have to look when you see a new post (just like all threads of interest). If I see a new post, I check and see what is posted, a company I care about I note the good news, a company I don' care about, move on. .....
    Exactly. My shortcut to this forum is NEW POSTS.

Then Click on the little icon for each new post that says "Go to First New Post" and it jumps to where I've last read. What more do we need?

ltr

Hey guys,

Those are some of the ways around to getting the most recent posts, yes. Another option I could suggest to you @MrsPartridge is that you can change your settings of how you view your threads ("thread display mode") to show the newest posts first, instead of it being all the way at the end so you don't have to scroll through. To do this, go to your Settings (top right corner) > Left side, under My Account select General Settings > Thread Display Options > Thread Display Mode - and select "Linear - newest first."

You could be subscribed to your threads and have your subscriptions set to receive notifications on new posts right away. For this, same directions as above but in Messaging & Notification (instead of Thread Display Options) > Default Thread Subscription Mode: choose Instantly, using email.

Let us know if any of these and the aforementioned suggestions help out.

@Spudd - No, we're not going to change the board settings so that older posts can be edited. Members can (and will) abuse this and change the original content to something else completely unrelated. New members will stumble upon these threads and not be able to make any sense of what's going on because the posts have been edited - it could just one post but had the crucial info of the whole thread.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you guys have further questions.

Cheers,
    Natalie

Quote Originally Posted by cmfadmin View Post
    Hey guys,

Those are some of the ways around to getting the most recent posts, yes. Another option I could suggest to you @MrsPartridge is that you can change your settings of how you view your threads ("thread display mode") to show the newest posts first, instead of it being all the way at the end so you don't have to scroll through. To do this, go to your Settings (top right corner) > Left side, under My Account select General Settings > Thread Display Options > Thread Display Mode - and select "Linear - newest first."

You could be subscribed to your threads and have your subscriptions set to receive notifications on new posts right away. For this, same directions as above but in Messaging & Notification (instead of Thread Display Options) > Default Thread Subscription Mode: choose Instantly, using email.

Let us know if any of these and the aforementioned suggestions help out.

@Spudd - No, we're not going to change the board settings so that older posts can be edited. Members can (and will) abuse this and change the original content to something else completely unrelated. New members will stumble upon these threads and not be able to make any sense of what's going on because the posts have been edited - it could just one post but had the crucial info of the whole thread.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you guys have further questions.

Cheers,
    Natalie
    Yeah, changing the Thread Display Mode to select "Linear - newest first" seems to work pretty good for the PC, but when I tried it on my Mobile, while I do get the newest post first, it's unfortunately on the 1st page rather than the last. I still have to manually select the last page.

ltr

Quote Originally Posted by like_to_retire View Post
    Exactly. My shortcut to this forum is NEW POSTS.

Then Click on the little icon for each new post that says "Go to First New Post" and it jumps to where I've last read. What more do we need?

ltr
    That is what I like best too. I'd rather go to the first new post clicking on the icon than to look at 'newest post first'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast