How do you establish a foot hold in another country? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How do you establish a foot hold in another country?

the one at the resort in Mexico was upfront as to what it was so we avoided it.
    similar experience .... during check out we got pushed to go to some meeting with sales guy in order to become timeshare members (promissing free vauchers to the SPA).... I just said that if we would like to become, I'll give them a call and will make appointment... and I never did... . However, 2 days later , another resort worker was chasing us pushing to schedule such meeting .
    Otherwise this resort was really good, but those timeshare pushes were annoying...

The time shares were more like the tour desks in Mexico. The sign was there, on check in the bribes were mentioned but there was never any follow up or any one chasing us.

In DR, there was no desk or schedule but the staff at the entrance would ask everyone who passed by, unless they recognised them as someone who had previously said no.

Again, two visits don't tell the story for the many other locations etc.

Cheers

We experienced a more aggressive time share hustle in various locations in Thailand than we have in Mexico, DR, or Florida.

We have attended three presentations. One in Florida, our first, and two in Thailand. In Florida we were paid $100USD to attend. In Thailand we got to stay at a very nice four/five star resort for one week for each of the two presentations.

I spent my career in high end sales so I was interested to hear the pitch from the gopher, the pitcher, the closer, and management. DW felt intimidated. I found it somewhat entertaining. It was so predictable.

No, we did not buy. We could have bought the Florida unit on the open market for 20 percent of the cost. Never really considered the Thai timeshares...or the vacation club that they tried to peddle after we said no. In my view, it was a scam. We checked on the web, my screen came up with all sorts of warnings and sad stories.
    Last edited by ian; 2017-05-01 at 04:52 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

We experienced a more aggressive time share hustle in various locations in Thailand than we have in Mexico, DR, or Florida.
    Cannot tell about Thailand as we never been there and not planning to go
    Have been in Cuba about 20 times, ZERO timesharing was offered
    P.S. Recently read article that there are about 1 MIL US expats in Mexico , about 150K - Canadian... Never though that number can you so big

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345