Canadian Credit Cards - Best Perks - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Canadian Credit Cards - Best Perks

Yeah, I'll likely keep the CapOne Costco card anyway. I just think it is too funny to have a TD/Aeroplan Visa with a $50K limit and a measly $8K on the MC. I do a fair bit of travel and entertaining, it just won't cut it!

However, I'll be retired this time next year and it will be a useful card then.

Last edited by Dilbert; 2017-04-22 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kcowan View Post
    ... (That is what probably happened to zylon)
    Correctamundo, Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Okay, so I got my new Capone/Costco card in the mail today. All they offer is an $8K credit limit. So I call them and spend the better part of an hour talking to the CSR and then, her Supervisor. All I asked for was $15K and got a flat out, no!

I have zero debt and an excellent, unblemished credit history.

They said you need to be with them at least six months before they will even consider it....Caveat emptor folks.
    Same thing here. I have excellent credit and had been using their card for some time (>6 months) and ran out of credit hence why I called in. Nope, not approved. Then stopped using save for Gas and Restaurant.

PS - no incentive to using @ Costco except for the Costco membership card being embedded in it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Yeah, I'll likely keep the CapOne Costco card anyway. I just think it is too funny to have a TD/Aeroplan Visa with a $50K limit .
    I think they add up the limits you have between cards and other debt and then grade against your credit score. Technically you could max them all so giving you 10 cards with unsecured debt of $50K is considered high risk.

With the recent changes announced by Tangerine on their card, it caused me to re-look at my setup. I ended up applying for a BMO World Elite travel card (flat 2% travel rewards). It's part of a bundle where you get a free chequing account, and the card ends up being free. I was looking for a new bank anyways, so it should work out well. I will keep using the Cap One Costco cashback card for spend at restaurants.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567