2017 Playoffs Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Playoffs Thread

2017 Playoffs Thread

To spare myself some agony of being a Leafs fan since '93, I reserve my time/energy for them only when they make the Playoffs

Rookie sensation Auston Mathews scored his 40th goal last night to clench a post season appearance with just 1 game at hand

I was able to airplay HNIC to Apple TV free from the CBC Sports app. Hopefully this continues into the post season?

amat victoria curam

I'm Leafs fan for about 40 years , however in last several years watched just a few games, esp. this year when they were fighting for PO. Hope Leafs PO will also help profit my stocks RCI, BCE, KEG.UN, SRV.UN and BPF.UN

"GO HABS, GO!!!
    (only 40?.... how about memories of being allowed to "stay up late" to watch the Rocket play on Sat. night ...early 60's?? )
    Last edited by jargey3000; 2017-04-09 at 06:42 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

I love watching the playoffs - here I am, 56, and still showing up in front of the TV like I was when I was 6!
    My wife, on the other hand, calls herself a "playoff widow".
    Wonderful to see the Leafs back. They may not go far, but it's good to shake that curse off. I would love to see that cup back in Canada - anywhere - in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by dubmac View Post
    I love watching the playoffs - here I am, 56, and still showing up in front of the TV like I was when I was 6!
    My wife, on the other hand, calls herself a "playoff widow".
    Wonderful to see the Leafs back. They may not go far, but it's good to shake that curse off. I would love to see that cup back in Canada - anywhere - in Canada.
    (anywhere....except hogtown.... )

Quote Originally Posted by jargey3000 View Post
    "GO HABS, GO!!!
    (only 40?.... how about memories of being allowed to "stay up late" to watch the Rocket play on Sat. night ...early 60's?? )
    I was always "Boom Boom" Geoffrion when I was playing road hockey in the summer. The Rocket was a ballerina on ice though. I am an Oilers fan though since LaFleur retired.

Quote Originally Posted by jargey3000 View Post
    (anywhere....except hogtown.... )
    or montreal.....

Last year there were 0 Canadian teams in the playoffs. This year there are 5.........

I will start rooting for the Leafs and all the Canadian teams as they work through the playoffs.

Bring the Cup back to Canada boys...........
    Someone planted a tree a long time ago so I can sit in the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by sags View Post
    Last year there were 0 Canadian teams in the playoffs. This year there are 5.........
    And now there are 3 remaining with the Leafs facing elimination tonight

All 5 games settled by 1 goal and 4/5 in OT they've done very well against the top team so far

Rookie Austin Matthews continues to impress
    amat victoria curam

Quote Originally Posted by Eder View Post
    I was always "Boom Boom" Geoffrion when I was playing road hockey in the summer. The Rocket was a ballerina on ice though. I am an Oilers fan though since LaFleur retired.
    2 of my favs were J C Tremblay ( he of the 'dipsy-doodling' moves) and the roadrunner Yvan Cournoyer...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast