2017 Playoffs Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Playoffs Thread

Leafs lost in OT at home. Of the the golf course again 2 weeks late.

Ovechkin's dirty play resulted in Crosby's injury. Ovechkin knocked Crosby of his feet by wacking him with a stick from behind. Then a Washington D caught the falling Crosby on the head with his stick but Niskanen was just shielding himself. The D got a suspension because the refs screwed up. They got the wrong man.

This is crazy. Crosby should be protected.

Agree that the suspension went to the wrong guy.

I don't think Niskanen was shielding himself so much as laying a lick on Crosby. The problem looked to me that he had no time to react to Crosby's high speed, off balance fall.

Cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Agree that Niskanen was going for Crosby, as one would, but the only reason he connected to Crosby's head was that Crosby was falling from Ovechkins high stick to the head. Essentially Niskanen did what any player would have done. Ovechkin's cheap shot resulted in a potential major injury to the top hockey star and he got sweet nothing. NHL is screwed up.

Ottawa just chased Marc-Andre out of goal in the 1st period. Making out for a good series. Pittsburgh is probably more Canadian then Ottawa so it's a win either way
    amat victoria curam

It's tough when half of your D, including the best puck-moving guy has been injured.

Still, if anyone thinks we should be supporting Crosby &Co... Wrong! We elected PM specifically to tell us which team we should be supporting and apparently it ain't Pens.

It's tough when half of your D, including the best puck-moving guy has been injured.
    True! Pens got unlucky.... There is only one Canadian team (Leafs) , if not Leafs , I want Predetors to win

What's wrong with the Ottawa? Shouldn't we support Canadian team as a Canadian?

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion_ca View Post
    Ask Rangers fans if they gonna support Islanders ....
    Tell me that we also need to support Habs

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion_ca View Post
    Supporting anything based on "he is from my cave" is silly, but more so when we are talking about the team with the least number of Canadian players (or thereabouts). I support Ottawa about as much I support the pit into which all them taxes disappear.

Support Pens cause they have the most talented player of this generation, try to play rather than fight and don't have any goons like Phaneuf.

Last edited by mordko; 2017-05-17 at 11:37 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast