$12 million inheritance
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $12 million inheritance

$12 million inheritance

Hi everybody,

So lets say you suddenly got a $12 million inheritance payout. What would be the safest way to invest all this money assuming I want at least a 5 to 10% dividend rate. The investments have to be as diverse and safe as possible. I've been looking at Canadian bank stocks and so far they look very attractive because of the tax break you get. Energy stocks I like as well.

Any advice??

I think our forum is getting hit with a "posters for hire" biz to drum up activity.

^ Possibly but I don't think in this case as the OP joined in 2016 - August.
    Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Esco View Post
    Hi everybody,

So lets say you suddenly got a $12 million inheritance payout. What would be the safest way to invest all this money assuming I want at least a 5 to 10% dividend rate. The investments have to be as diverse and safe as possible. I've been looking at Canadian bank stocks and so far they look very attractive because of the tax break you get. Energy stocks I like as well.

Any advice??
    ... I think you need to hire a HNW-adviser to give you appropriate advice. Ain't gonna to find it here on a DIY board with a 12,000,000 bucks inheritance.
    Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

^ considering people get paid 1% of assets for advice please send an etransfer to my email address in the amount of 120k.

"10% dividend rate and safe" i think you should obtain more knowledge first based on this quote.

secondly, you could literally put it into gics and live off the interest forever. assuming 12 mill - pay off house and any other debts, top up registered plans for tax free gains/deferrals, if you have kids get some funds in their RESPs.

at an average GIC ladder of 3% you are looking at 360k per year in interest income if done will the full amount.

Contradiction in terms..........A "5-10% dividend return" and "diverse and safe".
    Someone planted a tree a long time ago so I can sit in the shade.

Put it in GICs and get a steady guaranteed return..............and probably a cake on your birthday.

If it were me, I would buy Berkshire A shares and let Warren Buffet worry about investing it.

Quote Originally Posted by sags View Post
    If it were me, I would buy Berkshire A shares and let Warren Buffet worry about investing it.
    judging by the OPs posts he probably is either a troll or going to burn through the cash faster then the little doctor destroyed the buggers in Ender's game.

Esco what is your highest value return of capital or return on capital? Playing return of capital will probably give the best returns i.e., speculators in the market on average lose money the commercial hedgers make money.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast