Isn't GIS really just Welfare for us geezers? - Page 20
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Isn't GIS really just Welfare for us geezers?

I would support a flat tax system IF executive pay wasn't so obscene relative to the rest of the organizational chain, but North America has gone completely bonkers relative to Europe with executive/management pay. Hence it seems a progressive tax system is likely the only thing that can get a bigger share of outrageous pay packets.

Quote Originally Posted by mrPPincer View Post
    Thus mostly only something worth holding for people in the higher tax brackets? The higher the tax bracket the more worthwhile holding them?
    Doesn't seem like a fair system for the little guy then.
    It's worth holding for everyone....
    btw,i don't hold stock in non-reg account (except legacy ESP) because of complexity of our tax system, I already spend days filling out taxes and don't want additional headache calculating my dividends income and capital gains

Quote Originally Posted by AltaRed View Post
    I would support a flat tax system IF executive pay wasn't so obscene relative to the rest of the organizational chain, but North America has gone completely bonkers relative to Europe with executive/management pay. Hence it seems a progressive tax system is likely the only thing that can get a bigger share of outrageous pay packets.
    I agree that many executives in government companies get ridiculously high pay, but if it's a private company - this is owners choice as they were bright and worked hard to earn their pay.

In any case, the first step should be simplification of the tax system, removing as much as possible credits and reduce tax brackets... it's insane having more than 50-60 tax forms.
    For example, remove all those choldren tax credits: for day care, physical activity, art activity etc... instead give to any parents who has young kids certain amount of money... parents will decide for them self to spend it on kirdergarted or one parent stays with kids at home or grandmother takes care of them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mrPPincer View Post
    Thus mostly only something worth holding for people in the higher tax brackets? The higher the tax bracket the more worthwhile holding them?
    Doesn't seem like a fair system for the little guy then.
    The little guy is able to not pay tax on a far greater percentage of their income due to the personal exemption.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920