Video ads ruin message editing

Thread: Video ads ruin message editing

Super Moderator

Video ads ruin message editing

Using the Safari web browser, the ads which use flash/ show videos seem to ruin message editing. Besides adding a heavy lag and slowing down everything, they also take keyboard focus away from the message editor. It is not possible to compose messages unless you click the option in the ad to stop it from doing whatever it is the ad is trying to do. I'm not sure they actually are videos because they malfunction and don't even show any actual advertising on my Safari setup, but here's a screen shot.

These show up all over the place in the forum now. I either have to use an ad blocker, or manually click the upper left X to disable each ad of this type, otherwise I can't write posts. They occur more than 50% of the time I'm posting on the site.

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 6.37.20 PM.jpg

Use chrome?

Super Moderator
    My Chrome setup uses ad blocking so this wouldn't be an issue in any case. I'm just saying that if I use Safari in its default form, the site becomes unusable. Surely that must concern the site admins.

While writing this post, my composing has been interrupted two times.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by james4beach View Post
    My Chrome setup uses ad blocking so this wouldn't be an issue in any case. I'm just saying that if I use Safari in its default form, the site becomes unusable. Surely that must concern the site admins.

While writing this post, my composing has been interrupted two times.

the forum has been very buggy ever since CC & frugal sold it. Lots of those ads - maybe most of those ads - are adware trojans, ready to hop into your computer & start phoning their bosses with *your* data.

i can hear my hard drive whirring loudly & my firewall labouring mightily to keep the savages at bay whenever i log in here. Navigation is slow because of all the attempted invasions by the malwares.

chrome works significantly better than IE. also better i believe than firefox. I keep hearing about problems in safari - TD has problems with safari - is anybody happy with safari?

if it weren't for the ineffable brilliance, the investing wizardry & the sheer bloomin financial genius of some posters on here, this poor dumb crumb would probably give it up.

Hey james4beach,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Does this appear on any post you reply to? Regardless, we can get those ads removed especially when they are interfering with your typing/edits. Please send us the source address of it - right click on it and copy image address or anything along the lines of that, to get the direct address of that ad. You've provided us a screenshot so we thank you for that but we'll also need the address on that particular ad and any other different ones should you come across them.

With these screenshots and source address, our techs will get those removed right away. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Cheers,
    Natalie

Super Moderator
    Thanks, I will get you a source address the next time this happens. Should I post those in this thread?

Yes please. Keep everything in the same place

Kevin

Super Moderator
    This may be difficult to do the way you describe it. Right click doesn't show me any kind of image source or address to copy, but I can inspect the frame. On one attempt I saw

Code:
    <script src="http://aka.spotxcdn.com/integration/ados/v1/ados/beta.js"></script>
    On the second attempt I saw the attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 1.10.52 PM.jpg

Both of these are scripts for video players, which is consistent with the problem I'm seeing (it's video advertising, which is extremely intrusive to the browsing experience to the point of disrupting normal site usage)
    Last edited by james4beach; 2017-04-05 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks for this. I've passed it along to the ad team for fixing/removal

Kevin