James touts freedom. Religion is neither peaceful nor is it freedom oriented.
1. Really, really struggling to see what is the relevance of a mentally handicapped teenager who made a lot of antisemites very happy by sending hoax bomb alerts to Jewish cetres.
2. A few points on the terrorist attack in London:
- How is that relevant where the man was born? He was driven by an islamist ideology; whether he came from Fiji or Greenland, it's the Islamism that was the root cause of this mass murder.
- People who are coming to Canada are NOT refugees. They come from United States, Turkey and a bunch of other places which are absolutely safe.
- People who came to the UK in 1990s from Algeria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Jodan and Egypt were indeed refugees. They were islamists and their own governments at the time persecuted islamists without paying any attention to the rule of law. England imported these refugees along with their murderous islamist ideology.
- Islamist who came to England in the 1990s spread their ideology which is what has lead to yesterday's mass murder. Mass murders in London 10 years ago were also caused by British based Muslims but the ideology was imported.
- Right now the exact same imported murderous islamist formations, such as Hizb-ut-Tahrir and the like are spreading their message freely in Toronto Mosques.
London Pride, UndauntedNow thats how we fight terrorism. We don't wring our hands. We don't exaggerate the threat. We don't blame immigrants and embrace intolerance. We keep on keeping on.LONDON — “The growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts,” George Eliot wrote in “Middlemarch.” On Thursday, in a statement to the House of Commons about the attack that had occurred right outside Parliament the day before, Prime Minister Theresa May echoed that sentiment, paying tribute to the “millions of acts of normality” that are the most powerful weapons against extremist violence. This was London’s counterattack: to show that it takes more than a murderous rampage through Westminster to shut down this mighty city.andThis behavior reflects something deeper than conscious defiance, I think. It would simply not occur to the 8.6 million citizens of this megalopolis to allow one man to send them into hiding. As they say in the East End, you’re having a laugh, aren’t you?Those who long for a monocultural London want something back that has never existed. Not since the glorious opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics have I felt such pride to live in such a multifarious city, a planetary community.
Last edited by olivaw; 2017-03-23 at 08:16 PM.
If you have something to say - then say.
He was sent back to England and obviously released. Sounds like he was released and no longer thought to be a concern.
What if the last dozen or so terrorist attacks just happened to be by white men with bald heads and they happened to be KKK members? Would that be cause for concern about a broader agenda? or just close your eyes and carry on telling yourself we are a tolerant inclusive society and it no big deal?
^I doubt that anybody would be arguing that white males should be banned from Canada.
If you have something to say - then say.
Correct. Well don't we get some refugees? My understanding is that we have the luxury of screening them much more vigorously than Europe can.- People who are coming to Canada are NOT refugees. They come from United States, Turkey and a bunch of other places which are absolutely safe.Interesting. This is not an area I know anything about.People who came to the UK in 1990s from Algeria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Jodan and Egypt were indeed refugees. They were islamists and their own governments at the time persecuted islamists without paying any attention to the rule of law. England imported these refugees along with their murderous islamist ideology.If true, that's very worrying and should be stopped.- Right now the exact same imported murderous islamist formations, such as Hizb-ut-Tahrir and the like are spreading their message freely in Toronto Mosques.
There is islamic terrorism, and there is also white supremacist terrorism.
Last edited by james4beach; 2017-03-23 at 10:03 PM.
That is the dumb Trump caricature of policy and fellow travelers. No morally sound person can support a blanket ban on refugees. There are genuine refugees coming from the impacted region; usually members of minorities persecuted by Islamic majorities. Some of these persecuted minorities are also Muslim (e.g. Ahmadi).I agree he was driven by radical islamist ideology. But the relevance of where he was born is, many in Europe are arguing that refugees are causing tremendous problems and are the prime security threat. As this attack shows again, it's radicals who are the primary threat... not refugees.We are getting some refugees (e.g. a few Iraqi Yazidis) but most "refugees" entering Canada come from Turkey, Europe, Mexico and US and are not actual refugees. In fact, immigrants from safe locations in Turkey of Syrian origin have displaced genuine refugees due to political rush to get sure we get enough "Syrians".Well don't we get some refugees? My understanding is that we have the luxury of screening them much more vigorously than Europe can.Of course its true. Anyone can figure it out by themselves - just take a walk past Mosques in central Toronto on Friday night as the congregation is leaving their sermons. In fact, you don't even need to bother; a bunch of videos have been released with the actual sermons. These sermons wouldn't be out of place in any self-respected Mosque from any territory under ISIS control.If true, that's very worrying and should be stopped.