Terrorist attack in London UK - Page 22
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorist attack in London UK

Banned
    I am all for muslims becoming westernized in values.
    More likely the opposite---the West will become Islamicized. Just read that in Britain there will no longer be an Easter Egg Hunt. Cadbury's will
    now call it a British Egg Hunt.

Polygamy will become the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by mordko View Post
    Most religious people marry within religion (e.g. Catholics) but that does not mean Catholics are an ethnicity.

Opposition to bad ideas is not the same as opposition to freedom of having bad ideas. Guess it's too subtle.
    No kidding.

By that definition, since most Ontarians marry other Ontarians, Ontarian is an ethnicity.

As Hall said, "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". One can definitely believe in freedom of speech and thought while criticizing bad thought or speech.

Banned
    Militant atheism is totalitarian and intolerant. It seeks to eliminate a whole mode of being in the world. It seeks to replace traditional values
    with new values,the worship of human power and domination. It is no coincidence that Russian and Chinese communism were atheistic.
    They sought to eliminate dissent. They wanted to put themselves and their regime in the place of the old religion. they wanted to be worshiped like God was worshiped previously. Out with the old; in with the new. God is dead. Long live the new God--our regime.

Canada allows plurality of beliefs. It is in our Charter. Atheism doesn't allow freedom of thought. It is totally un-Canadian. it is totally repressive.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Atheism does allow freedom of thought. I eat meat but I do "allow" people to be vegetarian, even if it doesn't make any sense.

USSR was a totalitarian state which indeed imitated religious states by trying to enforce one specific mode of worshipping, ideology and thoughts.

The vast majority of modern scientists don't believe in god. Claiming that atheism is "uncanadian" = pure idiocy. It reminds me of James, who also likes to wrap himself in the flag, thump himself in the chest and talk about "uncanadians". Naturally, he does it from the States.
    Last edited by mordko; 2017-04-04 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewf View Post
    Regardless, they are wrong to say it is only a trace attitude. These attitudes are held by tens of millions.
    You were trying to discredit SPLC so it is important to accurately quote them. You didn't quote them correctly and you didn't disagree with their point, therefore you have failed to discredit them.

You're missing the point if you think terrorism is the problem. The problem is illiberal values that are incompatible with western values.
    No

1) Terrorism is the problem. Even if Sharia was as bad and popular as you claim, it would not be up to us to impose our values on other countries.
    2) Your reading of the poll was slanted or you simply chose to exaggerated the magnitude of support for "stoning and execution".
    3) The majority don't support Sharia and many of those who do do not interpret it the same way. You're fighting a caricature.

When in doubt, call your opponent racist. Islam is not a race or ethnicity. It is a set of ideas. Christianity and Judaism are also bad ideas, but not equally bad. You're indulging in cultural relativism. Who's to say throwing acid in the face of women and mutilating genitals is bad?
    Actually I called your argument xenophobic and Islamophobic and compared it to xenophobic arguments used in the past. I said nothing about you. Much as you wish it were otherwise, Canada holds that prejudice towards a religion is bigotry and religious discrimination is illegal. The "religion is ideology" smokescreen can only take you so far.

Acid in faces, genital mutilation - cherry picking the worst individual behaviours and conflating it with a religion.

I am all for muslims becoming westernized in values. That means islam, in its current form, needs to go. The people are worth saving, the ideas are vile. Ideas do not have rights and deserve no protection from criticism. We should have sympathy for the people.
    The best way to destroy your caricature of Islam is to give up the caricature.

Sadly, the thread has morphed into Muslim bashing by the regulars. I'm out.
    If you have something to say - then say.

Yes, it's just a few bad apples. That is why the fifty plus Muslim countries are lands of freedom, tolerance and critical thinking. Every single one of them. Not just that, polls routinely find just how advanced and tolerant western Muslims really are https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ity-sharia-law

Yes, more than half European Muslims openly express Antisemitic views, but that's surely to be commended, fully aligned with progressive thinking. And, being part of religious ideology, this is something that Olivaw believes to be protected from criticism. https://www.adl.org/news/press-relea...s#.Va1C03JRE3E

Cool.

Hirsi Ali says while the west should continue its military battles against terrorists, it needed to focus on the spread of Islamic ideology through schools, mosques and non-government organisations that on the surface appear non-violent but ultimately act as a “conveyor belt” for violence.

She argues such organisations can flourish in western countries by exploiting laws safeguarding freedom of religion, expression and association.

“I don’t believe individuals are born wanting to join the jihad. It’s a process, a long process,” Hirsi Ali said. “Jihad does not take place without the dawa.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...yaan-hirsi-ali

Quote Originally Posted by mordko View Post

She argues such organisations can flourish in western countries by exploiting laws safeguarding freedom of religion, expression and association.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...yaan-hirsi-ali
    They should do extremely well in Canada then because Trudeau is setting the plate nicely for them to exploit. Women in Canada can get ahead of the game and look for fashionable burkas or hijab's now and on sale before the rush.

Hardly shocking. Tens of attempts in the last 12 months in London alone.

Right. Good thing Canada is fundamentally different. http://www.chch.com/rcmp-arrest-man-...rrorist-group/

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast