How much for Honda Civic maintenance? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much for Honda Civic maintenance?

I'd say part of your problem was going to the dealership in the first place. Find a trustworthy independent mechanic.

I had a B maintenance done at the dealer in January last year. They didn't do the extra inspections because we had only bought the car recently and they had inspected everything at that point. They charged us for basically just an oil change. It came to $67 including taxes and everything.

Then in October we took it to an Acura dealer instead of our local Honda dealer. They charged $242.95 for the B.

Quote Originally Posted by OptsyEagle View Post
    Just stop going to them. It's quite simple. Do you really think a new car actually needs all that service. The dealership does but I doubt you car does. You don't need to go to them to preserve your warranty...although they will always allude to that. Never in writing though, because it is not the case.

Only go to the dealership for warranty paid work only. Every other service go to another mechanic that offers a competitive price...not the monopoly type price the dealerships get away with because everyone just keeps going back to them.
    This.

Even better learn some DIY and order parts online

I go to the dealer for recall work etc and their prices are insane (besides some loss leaders such as oil change because people actually know if they were charged 10 times too much for an oil change) They often recommend changing something that I know doesn't need to be changed because I take the time to inspect

If you can't DIY then you need a trustworthy independent..
    amat victoria curam

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by m3s View Post
    This.

Even better learn some DIY and order parts online

I go to the dealer for recall work etc and their prices are insane (besides some loss leaders such as oil change because people actually know if they were charged 10 times too much for an oil change) They often recommend changing something that I know doesn't need to be changed because I take the time to inspect

If you can't DIY then you need a trustworthy independent..
    Thanks for your reply. I hardly found original pieces in Canada because all of them are available at the dealership. The price is outrageous!!! I found original pieces in the states online but they don't deliver to Canada according to a new law. Look at these ... dealerships in states cannot sell to Canadians (https://youtu.be/dLGcI0PtE2k?t=615) I bought before a CAPA certified part from the states and it looked so perfect but at didn't realized that it was only 95% match. When I arrived at home I couldn't use the piece. I lost the chance to return it later.

Once I asked for front bumper piece at the dealership here and they told me 345$ + tax. In USA was 100$ original. I bought a CAPA certified for $30 but it was useless. I am tired that our market is always unfair!!
    Last edited by Tetsujin; 2017-03-30 at 01:14 AM.

For those that you wanted to know I sent my car to the dealership. They charged at the beginning with around $240 (tax included) later they told me that they needed to change some pieces from regular maintenance service and I asked if it was necessary and they said yes so they charged me $80 more. And the end when they gave the report it was not really necessary. I was mad and I went out immediately.

I am gonna read carefully the 30-page-tiny-font contract to know any detail about the warranty because my car is just 3 years old and still has 28 000 km. It doesn't require so much maintenance. At least they can tell me that I can lose the warranty. I don't know.

I was planning to sell it soon and renew a car but I am not quite sure. I will post a new question about it.

If you want to know... stay away from Lombardi Honda and Honda Centre Ville in Montreal.
    Last edited by Tetsujin; 2017-03-29 at 08:27 AM.

I have been driving a Honda since 2006, what I like about my local dealership here in Kingston is the cost is posted in the lobbly on a large board for all service menu numbers IE: A1 etc. If customers feel the cost is too high then they have the option of going elsewhere. For me the cost is not a great deal higher than most car repair places and long term you car will thank for it. Its a personal choice, many people will stop following the recommended maint after the warranty runs out, I continue it and have never had a breakdown of any type with either of our Honda cars. Final note just thought of this, a simple oil change/filters/tire rotation is for sure cheaper at a local independent garage or quick oil lube. Not positive on the other more complex IE: B2 etc items.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12