Legendary rocker Chuck Berry passed away at 90

Thread: Legendary rocker Chuck Berry passed away at 90

Legendary rocker Chuck Berry passed away at 90

Well enough about the current unstable POTUS.

Turning to other news...not necessary fake news either, Chuck Berry, Rock n' Roll hall of fame, Grammy lifetime achievement award, for those who may have known about him or his music..passed away on March 18th.

He was 90. Not bad considering most musicians due to substance abuse barely make it to 80.
    He was most famous for one of his songs Johnny B. Goode ; and Maybelline. Roll over Beethoven, Memphis Tennesse,....
    and of course his famous "duckwalk" that BACK TO THE FUTURE , Canadian born actor Michael J, Fox improved as "MARTY" on stage of the high school dance where he ducked walked playing that red Gibson guitar. where he met his mother, who wasn't his mother yets...ok you get it..watch the movie again.

Berry's famous song was made more famous when Marty attempted to sing it, and now it is immortalized as it was one of the songs put on the 33 1/3 rpm record on the face of Voyageur One..launched in Sept 5 1977 and the twin sister Voyageur 2 in August 20, 1977. (see picture with gold cover on Veg'r 1)

They are now in deep interstellar space and perhaps someday maybe some ETs will discover them and learn about earth and it's cultures and music.
    Who knows if we will be still around by that time the way we are destroying the earth.
    http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/

On a comic note:
    Anyway, Chuck spent some time in prison as well ... 3 years for doing a minor.
    14-year-old Apache waitress, whom he had transported across state lines
    leading to the punch line in some joke.."transporting an immature gull across a staid line for immortal porpoises".
    you figure out the connection..

Last edited by carverman; 2017-03-20 at 08:05 PM.

The legends are fading away.............but we always have Justin Beaver.........as my grandson calls him.
    Someone planted a tree a long time ago so I can sit in the shade.

My era of music has almost passed, and for years I was content to listen to old time rock and country favorites.

Now my grandson is 8 and discovering "older people" music.

I thought I was all done with that with my son who loved gangsta rap, and now I gotta listen to the heavy metal my grandson likes.

And to think my parents complained that I listened to the Beatles.
    Someone planted a tree a long time ago so I can sit in the shade.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

"Gansta rap'? Heavy metal ugh! Will real music be popular (again) some day?
    I have to adopt the famous line regarding gansta rap that John Candy of Second City comedy fame (playing Johnny LaRue) once exclaimed about a certain type of ethnic people (gypsies)

Johnny Larue: this is comedy here folks! Lutonian celebrations...ethnic humour before it became a crime...
    ......"Gypsies...ugh PTEW!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V7awhunsdw

The same can be said for rap music, grunge etc etc.

now for something to stir the memories of days gone by..the Smengy bros (Stan & Yosh)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZZAb0gjQOY

Last edited by carverman; 2017-03-21 at 08:26 AM.