Transgender contestant was barred from beauty contest...much ado about nothing? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Transgender contestant was barred from beauty contest...much ado about nothing?

jennatal ? lackova ?

the question is why would a highly-paid semi-serious celebrity lawyer let herself get schtupped by the trump.

I don't know if this is a publicity stunt orchestrated by Trump, but I think he finally realized the "manna from heaven like" publicity value of this scenario and that is behind his apparent change of heart rather than an sudden new-found sympathy towards the transgender cause.

Sometimes my brain can't decide if I'm conservative or libertarian. My initial gut reaction is usually the conservative one; in this case being, "this is weird and unnatural, I don't like it". But then often I think about a basic philosophy: that one should be free to do what they want so long as they do not infringe on the freedom of someone else.

Being a male, it is nice to have a beard to stroke while I ponder these things.

Quote Originally Posted by humble_pie View Post
    jennatal ? lackova ?

the question is why would a highly-paid semi-serious celebrity lawyer let herself get schtupped by the trump.
    You must have meant "Trumped" by "the Donald"?

She is a JAL (Jewish American Lawyer) and has a reputation of dealing in such cases where female rights are being denied by some organization.

Here is the short on her..

Gloria Allred has represented numerous parties in various high-profile cases, and frequently comments on television.
    Gloria Allred represented Amber Frey when Frey was a witness in the criminal case against Scott Peterson.[6] She has also represented cases against the Boy Scouts of America for excluding an eleven year old girl named Katrina Yeaw, something she referred to as gender apartheid, and a case against the former Sav-On Drugstore chain for having both a boys and a girls toy section, as well as representing actress Hunter Tylo when producer Aaron Spelling fired her because of her pregnancy.

A girl trying to get into BSA? C'mon..that's what GGA (Girl Guides of America) is all about. Why would a 11 year old want to join an organization of young prepubescient boys just discovering that girls are "different" from them. This is where it gender neutral becomes ridiculous, IMO.

As far as the choice of names for the transgender contestant, I would think that when they altered his/her birth certificate after the surgery, a name change was also required as well to indicate she was a female now.
    Some names are either unisex or "transpose" with a slight change in spelling to represent either gender..such as Kennedy, Bobbi, Montana, Parker, Phoenix etc...unusual name choices but used today.

Jenna, Jenner, Jean, John...easy to to transpose after the SRS.
    Last edited by carverman; 2012-04-08 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carverman View Post

She is a JAL (Jewish American Lawyer) and has a reputation of dealing in such cases where female rights are being denied by some organization.
    There are plenty of non-JALs with same reputation.

Ms. Allred used to be a teacher and at some point [for whatever reason], she sought the spotlight, like her daughter Lisa Bloom, who is also on various tv shows.

What is it with all these lawyers wanting to be on tv., for example Mark Mulroney? I think he's a lawyer, so he became a lawyer to be on ET Canada?
    “Malicious men may die, but malice never.”

not to take attention away from composite decking, but on this stress-resistant polymer story:

surely the tongue-in-cheek name jennatal lackova is a dead giveaway.

steel-jawed shark-eyed mama looks plenty capable of inventing the transgendered story a few years ago to boost her pretty daughter's career in the modelling/beauty biz.

a lot of modelling/actress mamas have composite properties like that. Ambitious. Abrasion resistant. Good anti-fading characteristics. Non-inflammable or ultra-low smoke.

I think this thread has run it's course. 'nuff said. BTW..its' Ben, not Mark Mulroney on ET.

... this pov brought to you by the resident duke of drivel

You're right on both counts carverman.

I got the names of the Mulroney brothers confused, but at least I stayed within the same family. And it's not ET, but Etalk apparently or whatever those E shows are called [can't stand any of them; did we really need a CDN version? As though the American had not been enough].
    “Malicious men may die, but malice never.”

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto.gal View Post
    ...whatever those E shows are called [can't stand any of them; did we really need a CDN version? As though the American had not been enough].
    The CRTC says that you are wrong. True Canuck content at its finest. Same with Canadian Idol, Undercover Boss Canada, HNC...et al.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast