Kevin O'Leary cheats Winnipeg - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kevin O'Leary cheats Winnipeg

Quote Originally Posted by tygrus View Post
    A drama teacher and former ski instructor with a famous name educated in the elitist universities down east hundreds of miles away from where the real economy happens
    You're in western Canada, aren't you? And I've got news for you. Ontario & Quebec account for about 60% of Canada's GDP.

But I'm sure that in your mind, "the real economy" must involve pickup trucks.

And O'Leary is a Bay Street guy ... downtown Toronto. Why would a westerner like you want a Bay Street, Toronto elite?

The son of official bilingualism doesn't even understand the Official Languages Act, but the guy is a fast learner, got to give him that.

O'Leary didn't even bother to fly out of his Toronto business center to Winnipeg for god sake ... that was why I started this thread.

And you want a Toronto-based, Bay Street elite, who doesn't even give western Canada the time of day?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by james4beach View Post
    You're in western Canada, aren't you? And I've got news for you. Ontario & Quebec account for about 60% of Canada's GDP.
    Sorry James transfer payments and the tsx exchange dont count as an economy. resources are our lifeblood and they are all here.

Que/ont wouldnt last a day without the west, and we out here would ahead leaps and bounds without those two anchors. One province taking all the transfer payment for 50 yrs, other one with 3rd world debt levels and 4 more provinces sucking EI dry.

On a GDP per capita contribution, the west destroys the easy easily.
    Last edited by tygrus; 2017-03-17 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by james4beach View Post

But I'm sure that in your mind, "the real economy" must involve pickup trucks.
    Wow...this attitude is why we enjoyed Harper longer than any other Prime Minister...you should not bite the hands that feed you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eder View Post
    Wow...this attitude is why we enjoyed Harper longer than any other Prime Minister...you should not bite the hands that feed you.
    Isnt it funny how our transfer payments work. West sent billion to the east for decades and now when Alberta is down and out you sure dont see any money going the other way. In fact we get trudeau talking about shutting down our resources. Imagine if he stood in montreal and announced bombardier was on their own or that hydro had to be phased out.

OK...then you mis-paraphrased. You don't know what I think...don't pretend to.
    So you denounce KO'L's business record? Go ahead and clarify. He seems like a scumbag and you should watch your wallet around him.

Quote Originally Posted by tygrus View Post
    Sorry James transfer payments and the tsx exchange dont count as an economy. resources are our lifeblood and they are all here.

Que/ont wouldnt last a day without the west, and we out here would ahead leaps and bounds without those two anchors. One province taking all the transfer payment for 50 yrs, other one with 3rd world debt levels and 4 more provinces sucking EI dry.

On a GDP per capita contribution, the west destroys the easy easily.
    Wow, you are delusional.

Resource extraction is only 8% of Canada's GDP. And a decent amount of that happens in Ontario and Quebec.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Econom...Key_industries

Any other PM but the actual top 5:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...time_in_office

1 King
    2 Macdonald
    3 PET
    4 Laurier
    5 Chretien

It's really not hard to verify these basic facts.

Actually, on a per capita basis...........Ontario and Quebec are way down the list.

https://www.fin.gc.ca/fedprov/mtp-eng.asp

Someone planted a tree a long time ago so I can sit in the shade.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234