TD Direct Investing Monthly question

Thread: TD Direct Investing Monthly question

TD Direct Investing Monthly question

Good Day,

Just a quick question maybe some can help me. I am looking to open a direct investing tfsa and investing it in some various stocks. I want to be putting money in on a automatic monthly transfer. Does anyone know if there is anyway to avoid the $9.99 brokerage fee everytime you automatically deposit money ?

^ TDDI charges a fee (at $9.99) for depositing money? Are you sure? Or are you talking about trades commissions?
    Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

tddi

Hi i mean everytime i buy into a stock there charge 9.99 trade commision

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by evan1777 View Post
    Hi i mean everytime i buy into a stock there charge 9.99 trade commision
    There's no way to avoid trade commissions, but you can ameliorate the effect by buying TD e-Series index funds that don't charge commission, and then when you have a decent amount you can buy the ETF or stocks with that. If you wait until you have perhaps $50K, then $9.99 is only .02%

ltr

The fee schedule is here: https://www.td.com/ca/document/PDF/forms/521778.pdf

To minimize trading commissions put your monthly contributions into commission free mutual funds then when you get a few thou built up sell and buy stocks or ETFs. Some TD mutual funds:
    TDB8150 Investment Savings Account (actually an HISA but you buy it like mutual fund units)
    TDB965 Balanced Index Fund
    TDB3085 Monthly Income Fund
    TDB852 Managed Index Balanced Growth

The latter 3 have $100 minimum purchase and no fee to buy or sell as long as they are held for at least 7 days.

Another option is to have your monthly contributions put into eSeries index funds.

Last edited by GreatLaker; 2017-03-08 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Corrected code for monthly income fund to D series
    Eschew obfuscation. Espouse elucidation