Canadian Money Forum banner

Does a view like this exist in Ontario within 2 hours drive of Toronto?

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  andrewf 
#1 ·
http://imgur.com/a/mTHpm
This is one of the prettiest places I know and while we could easily afford the house and acreage, it is on the other side of the world.

However, if I could find a place that had views half this nice within a reasonable distance to Toronto, I might make my wife very happy.

#3 ·
I've seen similar views to this all across the country...at the right moment. Heck, even the Yukon has great views, it's beautiful in the summer, hills, valleys, lakes, trees...same with most provinces...well Saskatchewan is flat, but still has nice places and lots of lakes.

Unfortunately, those views, while fairly common in the summer, don't tend to last very long and you get much more of the winter view.

#7 ·
Sure, lots of areas within 2 hours of Toronto. But as other posters have said, it is seasonal.
Toronto is a big place. Are you talking about having to get into downtown Toronto for concerts etc within two hours or two hours from the outskirts of Toronto.
How close do you want to be to a town? Or major roads.

#10 ·
Hi:

A bit more than 2 hours would be my area east of Bancroft. Cheap too. As long as you stay away from waterfront, all kinds of properties under $200K. I would have a view except for the trees in the way. Go a few hundred metres either way and it opens up though.

Further east, Opeongo Road south of Lake Clear. Or that little settlement on 515 between Quadville and Foymount. Foymount would undoubtedly be good too, though have not been "up" there in decades. It is reputed to be the highest inhabited place in Ontario and used to be a DEW line military site.

hboy54

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.