cordless phone question?

Thread: cordless phone question?

cordless phone question?

haha,,I cant find a (current) "cordless phone help" forum, so I'll throw this out here... prob. waste of time
    Sis has a VTech Dect 6.0 2-phone set. Getting "low battery" warning, so got new batteries. Now, with new batteries, the phone in the Base (ie plugged into wall & phone jack) wont charge. Keeps showing "low battery". The "satellite" set works ok. It's not a battery problem because I've switched phones & switched batteries, and problem seems to rest with just the base set. I told her best thing to do is chuck the whole system & get a new one. But before doing so...anyone here have any experience / knowledge of these things...??
    Update: upon further investigation, the problem seems to be with one of the phones, as the other works ok with either new battery, and in either the base or the satellite unit.

Last edited by jargey3000; 2017-03-05 at 11:52 AM.

I have a system with a wired base phone and 5 remotes that I have kept alive for 10 years. I have had all components fail. Battery, base and handset. The battery is the only easily replaceable component.

Quote Originally Posted by kcowan View Post
    I have a system with a wired base phone and 5 remotes that I have kept alive for 10 years. I have had all components fail. Battery, base and handset. The battery is the only easily replaceable component.
    ....yeah...I hear ya kc...hello? ....hello????

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jargey3000 View Post
    haha,,I cant find a (current) "cordless phone help" forum, so I'll throw this out here... prob. waste of time
    Sis has a VTech Dect 6.0 2-phone set. Getting "low battery" warning, so got new batteries. Now, with new batteries, the phone in the Base (ie plugged into wall & phone jack) wont charge. Keeps showing "low battery". The "satellite" set works ok. It's not a battery problem because I've switched phones & switched batteries, and problem seems to rest with just the base set. I told her best thing to do is chuck the whole system & get a new one. But before doing so...anyone here have any experience / knowledge of these things...??
    Update: upon further investigation, the problem seems to be with one of the phones, as the other works ok with either new battery, and in either the base or the satellite unit.

sorry i can't help other than to say i think u are right, just chuck the new purchase.

i bought a VTech & it failed to work, my friend Katie who knows Every Thing about computers & the internet (she & hubby used to build their own when they were teenage sweethearts age 19 in freshman college) (is that sweet or what) ... katie said VTechs are notoriously difficult to program.

i'll fix it for you, katie told me. But the thing is sitting pristine in its box, waiting for me to donate it to a church basement sale. I'll attach a note saying Requires Skilled Operator. Maybe Sis could do same?

''bonté gracieuse et toute cette sorte de chose" - Astérix chez les bretons]

Bottom line. Forget VTech. They simply don't match up with Panasonic. In this case, like many others, paying up a bit saves grief and dealing with junk.

Added: Eventually the batteries in Panasonic phones will fade away too but I've had relatively good luck (about 10 yrs I think for batteries which is just the nature of batteries). But I've never had other components fail in Panasonic sets I've had over the last 30 years or so.

Last edited by AltaRed; 2017-03-06 at 11:43 AM.