PH&N Dividend Income Fund (PHN150)

Thread: PH&N Dividend Income Fund (PHN150)

PH&N Dividend Income Fund (PHN150)

Any comments on PHN150 greatly appreciated
    -MINIMUM INVESTMENT $25,000
    - MER 1.18
    - YIELD 6.46

Im not sure where you got those number, but I think there are a couple of errors. The minimum investment appears now to be $1000 although the last time I bought a PHN product it was $5000. The $25,000 minimum is your full account size and only applies if you are dealing with PHN directly and not through a broker or discount broker. Personally I think in many cases working directly with a mutual fund company is very beneficial and PH&N has been a very good mutual fund company if you want to go that route. Basically you are getting investment advice and a restraining influence included.

I don't know where you got that yield either. TD Waterhouse gives the distribution yield as 1.28% and when I calculated based on the distribution history on the PHN website for last year I got about a 3% distribution yield.

The fund itself has a lot of things to like, but has a lackluster performance history. The last few years have been better however. I think it's probably an ok fund, but not exceptional. I think you have to decide what you want out of this fund before deciding if it is good for you or not.

i have phn bond funds which i highly recommend but their dividend funds are overpriced
    you can equally good dividend funds for less money (like .5 to .6)
    i can't believe they are producing that kind of return
    i wouldn't buy it myself

Globe 5-Star Rating:--RRSP Eligible:CanadianMin. Invest (initial):$25,000Subsequent:$1,000Min. Invest (initial RRSP):$25,000Subsequent RRSP:$1,000Closed:NoRestricted:YesRestrictionMin Initial Investment $25,000)
    PHN150 PH&N Dividend Income-D 78.151
    Mar 23 $ 1,883.29M MER 1.18 YTD6.46
    Thanks for the info....got the details from the globe & mail web-site
    still shows 25,000 minimum investment.......year to date 6.46%

as the other poster said, the 25K is if you invest with phn directly, as in open an account with them directly
    if you buy their funds through another broker, like tdw or bmo, whatever, you can probably get in for a lot less
    the 6.46 is the appreciation of the share price year to date not the dividend yield
    for dividends, i would look at something ZDV from bmo which is yielding 4.52 at an mer of .35

Last edited by fatcat; 2012-03-26 at 03:30 PM.