Crazy lucky deal on laundry pair

Thread: Crazy lucky deal on laundry pair

Thumbs up Crazy lucky deal on laundry pair

So my tenant informs me that for the second time the dryer has broken down and the washer was making funny noises. So I decided I woukd get a new set with a good extended warranty so I don't have to deal with broken appliances anymore.

The least expensive I could find was at futureshop, $599 for the pair, I managed to get another $25 off and paid $99 for 4 year extended on them.

They show up today to deliver them and both the washer and dryer are dented. They tell me I can refuse them and schedule another delivery or take a gift card. I'm thinking, well I do t want to waste another 3 hours waiting for a delivery and who really cares you can see the dent as it is on the side. So I say sure I guess I'll take the gift cards figuring it's $25 or something. The driver tells me it is $125 per unit! LOL. What a deal!!

Now I either will sell the cards or wait till I want to buy something....

Nice! But you'll only know if it's a good deal 10 years from now when you haven't had to dump a ton of money into them for repairs. I don't have a lot of faith in today's applicances.

Yes nice deal! A couple of cosmetic dents isn't going to make a difference in how they work! I got a heavy duty Lee Valley push mower for half price today off the sale table. In original box and only used in a photo shoot for a promo according to the store. Have been wanting one for a few years and can never find one at garage sales. Too good to pass up!
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. DC

Quote Originally Posted by mind_business View Post
    Nice! But you'll only know if it's a good deal 10 years from now when you haven't had to dump a ton of money into them for repairs. I don't have a lot of faith in today's applicances.
    If they break out of warranty they go in the bin for new ones. Such is the junk made today. You don't pay $100 for a guy to come look at a $200 dryer that is 5 years old.

So true jamesbe. Even cars have become really disposable now. They look, sound and ride nice but devalue really quickly. I find appliances to be more rhobust and who knows, you may not have any trouble with these at all. Well done on the discount for dented equipment. You really cleaned up on that deal!

I got my last dryer for free on Kijiji. It was about 15 years old-works fine. Lady just wanted someone to get rid of it. Cost me $15 in gas to pick it up and deliver to the tenant

I often look at freecycle.org or earthcycle.org for appliances for my rentals.

uh....

Wow! They gave you a $125 gift card - seems like an odd amount?

Yes 2 cards actually so a total of $250.

I actually did get a free dryer it lasted a month, and the dryer before that I paid $25 for it lasted 4 months. Not worth the time or effort to pick up another dryer and try to carry it down the stairs, what a PITA that is. When the dryer broke this time the washer went with it, so a new pair was in order. I looked on kijiji and people wanted $250 - $300 for their 10 year old junk when I can get new with full warranty for $599 it isn't worth my time.