Trip to Florida
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trip to Florida

Trip to Florida

I'm going to Florida with my 6 year old next month. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to get discount entry to things like the Kennedy space centre, Disney world etc?

Also, any suggestions of fun things to do with a 6-year old would also be appreciate (Milo references not appreciated )

Hi, check out undercovertourist.com. They usually provide the lowest rates (or close) on tickets. Also, I believe that Disney is offering a discount for Canadian tourists to help offset FX (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...i-day-tickets/). Other parks to consider, Universal studios, seaworld, legoland and the water parks (Aquatica, blizzard beach etc). Legoland often offers buy 1 adult get 1 child free.
    Hidden Content - Follow my journey to one million in net worth..

Quote Originally Posted by none View Post
    I'm going to Florida with my 6 year old next month. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to get discount entry to things like the Kennedy space centre, Disney world etc?

Also, any suggestions of fun things to do with a 6-year old would also be appreciate (Milo references not appreciated )
    mousesavers.com will have the best tips for getting slightly cheaper disney tickets. But there is no way to buy disney world tickets that falls under the category of frugal.

If you go to Universal, you can use Air Miles if you have them to purchase a 2 day pass. And if you want to go for more days, it's only $10/person/day to add on more days. (If your son was older I'd say universal will be a bigger hit than disney, but he'll probably enjoy disney more at 6)

Anyway, sea world there is pretty lame, I'd skip out on it, it's not as good as the California one by a long shot. The Universal parks are great, but you pretty much have to get the park hopper pass, because of the way they've set up the Harry Potter worlds. Clever people they are there.

Meanwhile at Disney I'd say the park hopper is a waste unless you really want to fast track your way through multiple parks in a day. (and don't underestimate how huge just 1 of those parks is)

How many days are you going for?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the tips!

I'm going for 5 days (my kid is staying longer though). I'm thinking of doing some nature things for a couple days (everglades) and some beach time and a couple days at lego land. 5 days is not a lot of time but Florida isn't really my cup of tea...

Quote Originally Posted by none View Post
    Thanks for the tips!

I'm going for 5 days (my kid is staying longer though). I'm thinking of doing some nature things for a couple days (everglades) and some beach time and a couple days at lego land. 5 days is not a lot of time but Florida isn't really my cup of tea...
    Yeah 5 days isn't long, especially when you are travelling that far.

I didn't go to legoland florida, but my kids weren't that impressed with legoland cali when we went for what it's worth. i would personally recommend DW or universal over it.

When you're going there to also spend it with you ex-mother-on-law I would say it's LONG ENOUGH!

I think the rules require X-MIL to pay and take the kids to DW while you sit sipping cold beer (its what she expects anyway)

You do have to be careful about buying these discount passes on-line. There's a lot of traffic in illegal/forged/or expired passes going on for Florida destinations.

Buy direct from the Attraction site (like Disney) or a reliable travel site. Travel agents can usually sell them too. There is a good pass for SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Busch Gardens, unlimited entries for length of stay.

Seaworld and Aquatica are right next to each other in Orlando (same corporate owners). Busch Gardens is unfortunately nearly 2 hrs away, but well worth a visit or 2.

One of my favorite videos. Driving to Florida. Will make your day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NWcw6_mxcs

That is funny! Yeah, I hate travelling... well at least the act of travelling. An 18 hour drive sounds like a nightmare. Flights are so cheap now too. It's $700 for me and my kid to fly to Florida from victoria one way. Considering how far of a fight it is that's pretty reasonable I think!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast