Canadian Money Forum banner

Cheer Up Thread

20K views 126 replies 28 participants last post by  TomB19 
#1 ·
With all the trouble in the world, I thought it a good idea to start a cheer up thread of good things.

I will start with this. It is a young boy who sees his mom and the world for the first time with his special glasses.

http://i.imgur.com/r5cj956.gifv

#74 · (Edited)
Thanks Olivaw......

That video of the Fifties sure takes me back to a lot of flashback memories.

I was born in 1950, so I was a kid and a teenager through the 50s and 60s and enjoyed it so much.

I can almost.........but not quite, reach out and touch the memories.

#83 ·
Likewise, "time is the only way"

When dealing with anything, really. Losing a loved one (healing). Gaining - be it financially, building a car, building a physique, studying, waiting ... and what we do with that time - having patience, productivity, enjoying it, etc.

Time is the most valuable/precious commodity (along with water, especially fresh water) and are among the top things taken for granted.

#81 · (Edited)
I've long said that, provided you were raised in a good home , how could you ever be happier than you were at 12, 13, 14 years of age?...

...or even 11, for that matter ! ^

HP - my mom always remembered that when she asked ME that question -----(I was a little younger than 11), I said : "a MILKman!". There you go, to each his own (remember now, this was in the days when Kelsey's milkmen were still coming to the door delivering milk, in the glass bottles..... I must've thought: what a great job! ....still do!)

There now! I feel cheered up!

#92 · (Edited)
hahah....I was countin' em down.... to see if "Honky Tonk Woman" would show up!!! (there it is - No. 4!)
I got my drivers licence in June/69 ...and HTW was released July 4th. Always remember that summer driving around in the evenings with the b'ys....windows rolled down...and that song just BLASTIN' on the (AM ?) radio in (mom's) car!
No booze, no drugs ....just FUN TIMES! sigh..... :)

#93 ·
has the good cheer increased lately?

are folks sensing that donald trump might up & quit, because he's learned he can't tweet the world into submission?

to find out, let's travail DT further. On donner, on blitzen, on justin, on enrique, on kim jong un

#94 ·
My brother-in-law bought a long-eared mule.

Buyer's remorse quickly set in when he discovered that the mule's ears were so long that it couldn't fit through the barn door.

Genius that he is, B-I-L decided the only thing to do was modify the barn door by cutting out the head jamb to allow clearance for the ears to pass.

As the barn floor was just plain dirt, I suggested digging a trench for the mule to walk through.

B-I-L says to me, "You dummie, it ain't the mule's legs that are too long; it's those dad-burned ears".

image source: http://artscatter.com/general/mule-soup-long-eared-vindication-on-a-lazy-afternoon/

#96 ·
U S Stamp

The US Postal Service created a stamp with a picture of President Trump, but the new stamp was not sticking to envelopes
This enraged the President who demanded a full investigation.
After weeks of testing and $1.73 million in congressional spending, a special Presidential commission presented the following findings:

The stamp is in perfect order.
There is nothing wrong with the adhesive.
People are spitting on the wrong side.

#102 ·
^No one would have believed in the last years of the twentieth century that the peaceful district of Saanich was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinised and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinise the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this district about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. Yet across the fields, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this district with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us.

And, in that fateful day in May came the great disillusionment. The deer army attack was swift and merciless. The peaceful folk of Saanich never stood a chance.

Wildlife Vertebrate Herd Mammal Deer

#103 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.