landlord insurance for rental property, GTA and surrounding area

Thread: landlord insurance for rental property, GTA and surrounding area

landlord insurance for rental property, GTA and surrounding area

Who do you go with to insure a rental property?

I know that most insurers won't touch your rental unless you insure your primary residence with them. But my insurance broker won't insure the rental property because it's over 100km from my residence directly, they refer to me to their business partner near the rental who gave me an outrageous quote...so i ditched the home insurance and went with a third option who was willing to insure my primary residence and rental for a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, this required me to unbundle my home/car insurance package, so lost some discounts. I tried moving my car insurance to the "third" option that currently insures my homes, but they gave me an outlandish quote for auto insurance (why can't this just be easy?). anyway, I'd like to "re-bundle" my home with my existing (original) insurer, but that requires me to still get insurance on the rental property.

who do you guys use, particularly if it's not bundled with your primary residence in the GTA?

i had a few leads before, and i explored all of them but one. Atrens Counsel, brokerage in the GTA. But it's like I'm too small a fish for them or something, because I contacted them twice (once by phone and once online) and was expecting a call back, but didn't receive a reply either time....

Thanks.

Hidden Content It's not a "how-to." It's a "why bother."

I just contacted my broker. There are several insurance companies who cover rentals, wawanesa, intact, economical, etc. I've never had to tie my properties to my personal residences and the insurance is cheap.
    I'm not JustAGuy (without spaces), or Donald, or <insert name here>.

my current broker is humberview. i tried a few other brokers and one gave me an outlandish quote, others were simply more expensive for less coverage than humberview (aviva). but they couldn't get me decent car insurance.

atrens counsel is another broker, i think they deal with intact. but they didn't get back to me, twice.

any broker recommendations?
    Hidden Content It's not a "how-to." It's a "why bother."

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Personal Insurance Company has all my insurance including rental. Very good pricing as well.

dave hall @ north Blenheim mutual insurance does all my rentals. 519 635 4653.
    I don't think i'd get a better rate or service anywhere else.