Mawer Launches New Fund - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mawer Launches New Fund

Mawer Emerging Market Fund MAW160

I am trying to invest in this fund through a TD direct account. I am not able to access in this fund...but all the other Mawer funds are available through them. Anyone encountering this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelley View Post
    If you are hoping for 7% return from these grifters they are charging you 1.6/7 or 22.8% a year for the honour of giving them your money.
    Actually this is a very reasonable MER for an emerging market fund. Investors should do very well with this fund as Mawer follows a very strict investing discipline . I invested in their Global Small Cap fund as soon as it was available and have done very well with it.

I have a self directed account through TD and have not been able to buy this fund. I called up TD and the representative said it was not available...which seems odd since all the other Mawer funds are available. Anyone else encountering this with TD?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

As I have not invested in any International , asian or Emerging markets since I dumped a Financial Advisor who had us in those funds, which never made money, I may not be one to comment. But I'd say stick to Cdn & US. At least one knows what one is buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver101 View Post
    ^ Isn't "emerging" markets the next "in" thing, like being on the ground-floor?
    yes beav'!...an' i'm going ALL IN on this one...ta hell with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenticular View Post
    Actually this is a very reasonable MER for an emerging market fund. Investors should do very well with this fund as Mawer follows a very strict investing discipline . I invested in their Global Small Cap fund as soon as it was available and have done very well with it.
    Is it just me or is there no ETF that tracks the Global Small Cap's benchmark index?

Quote Originally Posted by dubmac View Post
    MER is surprisingly high 1.6%!
    Yuck. That's a "no" for me
    Hidden Content - Working on a $1 million portfolio and $30k per year from it.

Looks like ZEM tracks MAW160's benchmark index (MSCI Emerging Markets Index).

caltran..I would bet that MAW160..even with its MER of 1.6..will outperform ZEM by several percentage points. Don't believe me? Then just monitor the fund for the next 5 years and watch MAWER's investing strategy at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenticular View Post
    caltran..I would bet that MAW160..even with its MER of 1.6..will outperform ZEM by several percentage points. Don't believe me? Then just monitor the fund for the next 5 years and watch MAWER's investing strategy at work.
    It wouldn't surprise me at all. Only developed very large markets are efficient. Everything else is a crapshoot.

Unless somebody wants to say that the TSXV is efficient.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast