Canadian Money Forum banner

Shooting at Quebec City mosque, multiple dead

77K views 837 replies 28 participants last post by  gibor365 
#1 · (Edited)
#5 ·
Happy New Year indeed! The more things change the more they stay the same, and if this is any indication of terrorist attacks continuing this year, there may be more somewhere in the world.
Interesting that this mosque was targetted last year..with a pigs head being dropped off at the door of the mosque.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-city-centre-culturel-islamique-de-quebec-1.3957875

You would think that if even handling pork is forbidden in Islamic religion, it had to be the work of local terrorists living inside Quebec and born there. Quebec has been known to have terrorist/racial attacks against mosques and if you remember, under Pauline Maroise , certain types of headdress (Muslim) was forbidden in public.

#6 ·
Witnesses reported that the shooters were yelling the magic words... "Alahu Akbar", but most of the media is more concerned about a pig's head from last summer, which of course is just another deliberate attempt to mislead people into thinking that white supremacists were responsible.

The lies never end.

#7 ·
I would wait for more information before commenting. There is some eye witness account that one of the shooters shouted Allahu Akbar before shooting. Could said mockingly or it could be a sectarian issue. For the record, it was said in a Quebecois accent which would probably rule out a recent immigrant.

#8 ·
Well, you didn't wait for more information before suggesting that Alahu Akbar may have been said in jest and ruling out that it was an immigrant, but you want others to wait? Why don't you take your own advice??

For the record, there were 2 shooters, and although one of them may have had a French accent, the other one was named Mohammed and was of Moroccan descent. Both men were heard shouting "Alahu Akbar".

#442 ·
^ Is he worth your time, why not ignore him?

He has a habit of making false accusations without any evidence. A basic recent example on this thread, I had commented how different Trudeau's reaction had been to the Boston bombings, and for that harmless and correct observation not based on opinion, he labelled me "an angry right-winger blaming Trudeau, the left, Islam and the CBC" for the Quebec terror attack. What does that say about him?

Regardless of who the terrorists were, it's very sad and shocking for Canada. Interesting how Trudeau was able to correctly call this an act of terror, but not when 3 people were killed and hundreds injured in Boston. Trudeau's response to the Boston bombings hours and even days after it happened, was wrong. Those that are not convinced can compare his reaction and judge for themselves. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XRO4UGSiQo
Now is not the time for the angry right wingers of CMF to blame Trudeau, the left, Islam and the CBC. They should wait until we know what is going on before launching their familiar refrain.
Who's the one that sounds like the angry left winger?

#25 ·
Interesting how Trudeau was able to correctly call this an act of terror, but not when 3 people were killed and hundreds injured in Boston.

trudeau would have received the breaking news from ste-Foy last night even before the media. It's likely trudeau had the names of the two identified last night as suspects, even though one has since been identified as a witness.

the boston marathon attack - which occurred when a different canadian was prime minister - was carried out in boston, massachusetts, US of A. Geographically challenged parties should remember that not even canadian prime ministers have priority access to foreign breaking news.

Vice News says it has screenshots of ste-Foy principal suspect alexandre bissonnette's social media pages taken before they were deleted early this am. Vice says bissonnette lives in cap-rouge, was studying anthropology at Laval U, appears from photographs to have had a slight military connection.

#15 · (Edited)
The political correct thing to do is condemn shooting. Look what happened in Europe after European governments invited Moslems as their citizens stood by letting it happen out of political correctness. Now Trudeau invites a radical faith here. Civil war in Europe is baked in the cake for Europe now the sooner it starts the less chance of Europe having Sharia law.

#17 ·
All faiths are radical unhinged and illogical but 2/3rds of the world chose to follow unreason.
Faith the blind acceptance of ideas without any sensory evidence. I try to have zero faith instead a strong commitment to reason. Reason Judging that which is true by information provided by the senses with the use of logic. Most people value their lives if they valued death more they would most likely be dead. When a religion has a blind idea it wants death to those that do not have the same beliefs there is a problem. There has to be a restriction on how far religion can act out it beliefs when it in dangerous others or allows for rapping of women or maybe do like Russia did ban religion.

#26 ·
... accomplishments? These would be "accomplishments" only what the human wants to accomplish with them otherwise the former is an invention and the latter a belief to the afterlife.

#29 ·
It's important to let the police and intelligence agencies do their work. I would have hoped that intelligence agencies would have caught this guy before he acted, sigh. Domestic terrorism is very difficult. It will be important to learn whether this was a solitary attacker, or organized? Associated with some ideology or movement? (I have my suspicions obviously as you can see under Hot Button forum). If there is an underlying ideology, there could be many more attackers out there. And where did he get the weapon? How was he trained with the weapon?

This is the most fatal terrorist attack in Canadian history since the Air India bombing in 1985, I think

#33 · (Edited)
Domestic terrorism is very difficult. It will be important to learn whether this was a solitary attacker, or organized? Associated with some ideology or movement? (I have my suspicions obviously as you can see under Hot Button forum). If there is an underlying ideology, there could be many more attackers out there. And where did he get the weapon? How was he trained with the weapon?
First news media reports last night mentioned an "AK47 assault rifle", but Ak47s are not the weapon of choice for the Canadian Military, so how would the shooter come by this kind of weapon in Canada?
The C7A2 automatic rifle is the personal weapon used by the Canadian Armed Forces.
Trump was already cracking down barring most Islamic air travellers to enter the US
this weekend, resulting in many travellers refused entry into the US without passports
and Visas, you can bet your booties that after the Quebec City mass shooting, there
will be more restrictions for travellers, some even with Canadian passports but having
Islamic or Middle East names.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-01...en-majority-muslim-nations-entering-us-unless

#36 · (Edited)
wraphter you're misrepresenting what I said. I've said that all forms of extremism are dangerous and there are many types of terrorists that threaten us. I've spelled out pretty clearly in those other threads that both islamic extremism, and white/nationalist terrorists are huge threats. I post about the growing threat of white terrorism because the media is not reporting it properly, and I'm watching the white extremist threat grow right before my eyes.

My guess is that this was a white (right-wing) extremist terrorist attack, but we'll see.

#37 ·
Really james,you think I'm misrepresenting what you said about the relative importance of white and Muslim terrorism?

Well,lets take a look at what you said when you started the thread 'White right-wing terrorists strike again'.

http://canadianmoneyforum.com/showt...s-strike-again?p=914057&viewfull=1#post914057

james4beach said:
The attack is, undoubtedly, another one from the USA's greatest terror threat: right-wing, usually anti-government extremism nearly always carried out by white people. And it's not just a threat in the USA. Canada's Moncton shooter had killed 3 and Norway's shooter killed 77 (including many children)... both of them had right-wing, anti-government agendas.

In fact, in a recent survey of law enforcement officials from many agencies identified anti-government extremism as the top threat, above Muslim extremists
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/16/op...reat.html?_r=0
You clearly said that right -wing white terrorism is the greatest terrorist threat,greater than the radical Islamist variety.

#38 ·
I just wish the western world could get a a handle on these right wing religious Christians. As a start how about if the government stops funding them by giving them tax exemption??? We might as well be lining up to have our people shot and our children molested by these sick christian wackos. Enough is enough. They can take their murderous child molesting god and go elsewhere thanks.

#39 ·
None, I assume you are referring to the tax deduction you get if you contribute to a registered church? I agree with you that the tax deduction could be eliminated, and probably for many other so-called charities as well. If they have enough support in their community then presumably they will survive.
I do wonder though if the radical ones would be more successful in getting continued funding from their type?
Also wonder how many of the real whack jobs are serious members of any of these rw organizations?

#40 · (Edited)
How exactly is the taxpayer funding of religious organizations linked to yesterday's attack? Why is it discussed in this topic? Is the suggestion to cut tax breaks for Christian organizations or are we suggesting to cut all taxpayer support for religious institutions, including for the Mosque which was attacked yesterday? Was the attacker a member of any Christian or "right wing" organization?

#41 ·
Mordko, taxpayer funding is a digression. It has nothing to do with yesterday or this thread. I was questioning whether any religious organization (and perhaps many other charities) should benefit at the taxpayers' expense. But that is part of a larger separate discussion of tax reform.
None on the other hand does seem perhaps to have an axe to grind with Christians?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.