Trump discussion - Page 94
Page 94 of 141 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump discussion

Lest it appear this is a dump on Gibor, it is not that way. But when one plays fast and loose with the facts, and data mines in such an obvious way aka Mr. Trump, it deserves a rebuttal.

Gibor, for what it is worth, my son's girlfriend's parents emigrated here from Russia and they are nice people, but they came here for a reason - a better life. And based on their relatives who still live in Russia, it remains very difficult there for the average person. Helps if you know an oligarch or Putin though. It seems to me that people who emigrate to Canada are generally appreciative of the opportunity to have a better standard of living, e.g. the folks I just mentioned. Those that aren't... well, they are more than welcome to go back home. After all, insulting Canadian hospitality does not win friends.

You are missing the point completely. The Ruble has dropped 10 fold in some 25 years against the USD where as the Canadian loonie has dropped approximately 0-0.2 fold against the USD (the spread depending on what one uses as reference periods) over the same 25 years.
    you are missing the point. As i told you , current ruble is a completely different currency that was in USSR.

Comparing to 1990 you were referring to,average salary in neutral currency, increased hundreds times... Yes, I agree that is still lower than in USA or Canada. But both, salaries and standard of living are improved significantly.

Gibor, for what it is worth, my son's girlfriend's parents emigrated here from Russia and they are nice people, but they came here for a reason - a better life. And based on their relatives who still live in Russia, it remains very difficult there for the average person.
    During USSR, in 1990's there was a huge immigration from USSR , yes, we immigrated for a better life,many people didn't want to live in "communist" society... but you have to realize that nowdays is completely different story.
    Last edited by gibor365; 2017-03-20 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewf View Post
    What is life expectancy in Russia? What's that, over 10 years less than Canada?
    Vodka one the reasons.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

The Congressional intelligence committee meeting isn't going well for Trump.

1) The FBI, Justice Department and NSA say there is no evidence that Obama "wire tapped" Trump Towers.

2) They also said the Russians hacked the DNC and worked to help Trump win the election. When the national polls showed Clinton leading the election, the Russians believed that Clinton was going to win and changed their focus to discrediting Clinton's Presidency.

3) The FBI has had an ongoing investigation into ties between the Trump team and Russia since July 2016. They are looking at possible collusion and possible criminal charges. There would not have been an investigation started without some probable cause.

In a bizarre twist, while the hearings are under way, President Trump tweets that it is all fake news.
    Someone planted a tree a long time ago so I can sit in the shade.

Gallop shows support for Trump is falling quickly. He now stands at a 37% popularity rating, down 8% in a month by the same pollster.
    Someone planted a tree a long time ago so I can sit in the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by sags View Post
    Gallop shows support for Trump is falling quickly. He now stands at a 37% popularity rating, down 8% in a month by the same pollster.
    You are the same idiot who posted that Crooked Hillary could not lose-because of these all knowing pollsters.

Prime minister's (Trudeau) approval rating falls below 50 per cent for 1st time since taking office

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gren...tory-1.3950007

I suspect part of the fall (for both) in popularity is the excessive promising of idiotic things that they later have to renege on. Voters somehow fall for that shit a lot of the time.

I am reading a book Black Box Thinking by Matthew Syed. He writes a lot about a cognitive dissonance. What happens to your thinking when your beliefs are challenged by contrary evidence. You can accept it and feel not very smart or duped. Or you can deny it, reframe the evidence, filter it, spin it, or ignore it.

Like Trump today. While FBI and NSA directors (under oath I think) dismiss any “news” about Trump Tower being wiretapped, Trump tweets this is Fake News.

Is Trump’s popularity going down the drain? So what, Trudeau’s is also down. Is Russia a murderous kleptocracy? So what, from here it looks like a land flowing of milk and honey. Cognitive dissonance at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelley View Post
    You are the same idiot who posted that Crooked Hillary could not lose-because of these all knowing pollsters.
    Think that is rather harsh. Trump lost the popular vote and only won by the slimmest of margins in states that would otherwise have voted Democrat, but naively believed Trump's promise of well paying manufacuring jobs coming back... which was an absurd promise to begin with. There are no $25-30/hr blue collar jobs coming back to the hearland/midwest/rust belt. No one will pay for goods at labour priced at those levels. Those widget makers need to re-train themselves for coastal technology jobs.

Page 94 of 141 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast