Whom do you prefer? The Russians ,with their history of revolution and brutality?
The Chinese, with their tendencies towards authoritarianism and control?
The world has benefited enormously from Pax Americana.
You cant just denigrate America without offering an alternative.
And those millions of legals and illegals that pour into the US? Do they know something you don't?
Yeah,by Obama's buddy Bill Ayers!!Originally Posted by Userkare
Guilty as hell, free as a bird.
I don't understand the value of having the same people continuing to pitch the same views in an investment forum.
We are investors. Isn't the goal to use objectivity to profit on situations and events wherever possible?
Why are we debating philosophy?
Trump is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. His persuasion game was on point (see Scott 'Dilbert' Adams blog for particulars) he addressed the concerns of middle America (jobs, immigration, security, patriotism) he took it on the road and did rallies in every state, particularly areas that had been abused and neglected by the Democrats. He made himself talked about in the media by sensational statements and garnered billions in free publicity. If he were an established politician commentators would be talking about what a masterful campaign he ran.
Obama and Clinton talked about things like letting trans sexuals use the girls bathroom and how the country owed Clinton the Presidency. She did lots of fund raisers for billionaires and Democrat insiders, hardly any rallies and when she did, drew crowds in the dozens to hundreds. Then there was the general air of graft and corruption that hung over her.
The media, limousine liberals and political pundits were shocked and surprised that the peasants failed to vote the way they told them to. But in retrospect it is not that surprising.
There are probably almost as many reasons for Trump's EC victory as there are voters.
- Most voted along partisan lines.
- The protectionist message resonated with voters who believe that he can bring back jobs that were lost to globalization.
- Some wanted to send a message about special interests.
- Many Americans (like my R friends) aren't overt racists but they want to stem the demographic shift that will render whites a minority. Trump's anti-immigrant message resonated.
- Some are afraid of Muslims,.
- Others are white nationalists. Trump's wink and a nod approval of their agenda appealed.
- The guns 'n ammo set voted Trump.
- Many want Roe v. Wade overturned. Anthony Scalia's death changed the dynamic of the election for these folks.
- More than a few people didn't want a female president.
- Some mistakenly believe that Hillary was sick, corrupt, or insane.
- And maybe some are young men who related to Trump's treatment of women.
The majority didn't vote for Trump at all.
If you have something to say - then say.