Trump discussion - Page 2
Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Nelley View Post
    If you bully anyone long enough there is a chance they will fight back-this is the result.
    If you tell someone they've been bullied long enough, there is a chance they will lash out at anyone - this is the result.

Quote Originally Posted by wraphter View Post
    I see so they create an other,an out-group who is the enemy and has all those nasty traits. That's the problem ,is it?

However you then go and do the very thing you deplore. You go and turn Anericans into the 'other', when you compare them unfavorably to Canadians.

So don't turn groups into the 'other', except for Americans. Feel free to turn them into the other.
    Congratulations on contradicting yourself in one post. Quite an accomplishment.
    What? How did you get that from what I said? I'm not telling anyone to hate Americans and calling them an enemy. I'm simply stating a historical ( not fake news ) fact that the tensions boiled over into riots in the streets... I was there in NYC, I saw buildings bombed and burned!!!!!! We can learn a lesson from that. I hope we never have a similar situation in Canada. The FLQ crisis in Quebec was bad enough, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AltaRed View Post
    ^+1 Lived there enough years too to know there is much less 'worldly' sophistication than one would otherwise think, given the opportunity for broad based knowledge. The majority of Americans are more insular than much of their OECD equivalents. One reason may be that America is so big that there is less need to be more aware of the global environment.
    One country has to be the hegemon,the leader.That just the way it is. And you only get to chose from what's available.You can't make up your own idealistic choice.

Whom do you prefer? The Russians ,with their history of revolution and brutality?
    The Chinese, with their tendencies towards authoritarianism and control?

The world has benefited enormously from Pax Americana.

You cant just denigrate America without offering an alternative.

And those millions of legals and illegals that pour into the US? Do they know something you don't?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Userkare
    I was there in NYC, I saw buildings bombed and burned!!!!!!
    Yeah,by Obama's buddy Bill Ayers!!

Guilty as hell, free as a bird.

I don't understand the value of having the same people continuing to pitch the same views in an investment forum.

We are investors. Isn't the goal to use objectivity to profit on situations and events wherever possible?

Why are we debating philosophy?

Quote Originally Posted by wraphter View Post
    One country has to be the hegemon,the leader.That just the way it is. And you only get to chose from what's available.You can't make up your own idealistic choice.

Whom do you prefer? The Russians ,with their history of revolution and brutality?
    The Chinese, with their tendencies towards authoritarianism and control?

The world has benefited enormously from Pax Americana.

You cant just denigrate America without offering an alternative.

And those millions of legals and illegals that pour into the US? Do they know something you don't?
    Sure, someone will always be top dog but we don't have to like who it is. For sure I would pick America over any of other clowns out there, but not because I think they have my interests at heart. Think about when we travels around the world. It is a known fact that if we Canucks put a Canadian flag patch on our luggage and backpack, we are treated better than being mistakenly believed to be Americans with poor behaviour. I make a point of doing just that...and it often (not always) makes a difference.

Trump is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. His persuasion game was on point (see Scott 'Dilbert' Adams blog for particulars) he addressed the concerns of middle America (jobs, immigration, security, patriotism) he took it on the road and did rallies in every state, particularly areas that had been abused and neglected by the Democrats. He made himself talked about in the media by sensational statements and garnered billions in free publicity. If he were an established politician commentators would be talking about what a masterful campaign he ran.

Obama and Clinton talked about things like letting trans sexuals use the girls bathroom and how the country owed Clinton the Presidency. She did lots of fund raisers for billionaires and Democrat insiders, hardly any rallies and when she did, drew crowds in the dozens to hundreds. Then there was the general air of graft and corruption that hung over her.

The media, limousine liberals and political pundits were shocked and surprised that the peasants failed to vote the way they told them to. But in retrospect it is not that surprising.

There are probably almost as many reasons for Trump's EC victory as there are voters.

- Most voted along partisan lines.
    - The protectionist message resonated with voters who believe that he can bring back jobs that were lost to globalization.
    - Some wanted to send a message about special interests.
    - Many Americans (like my R friends) aren't overt racists but they want to stem the demographic shift that will render whites a minority. Trump's anti-immigrant message resonated.
    - Some are afraid of Muslims,.
    - Others are white nationalists. Trump's wink and a nod approval of their agenda appealed.
    - The guns 'n ammo set voted Trump.
    - Many want Roe v. Wade overturned. Anthony Scalia's death changed the dynamic of the election for these folks.
    - More than a few people didn't want a female president.
    - Some mistakenly believe that Hillary was sick, corrupt, or insane.
    - And maybe some are young men who related to Trump's treatment of women.

The majority didn't vote for Trump at all.
    If you have something to say - then say.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty O'Toole View Post
    Trump is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. His persuasion game was on point (see Scott 'Dilbert' Adams blog for particulars) he addressed the concerns of middle America (jobs, immigration, security, patriotism) he took it on the road and did rallies in every state, particularly areas that had been abused and neglected by the Democrats. He made himself talked about in the media by sensational statements and garnered billions in free publicity. If he were an established politician commentators would be talking about what a masterful campaign he ran.

Obama and Clinton talked about things like letting trans sexuals use the girls bathroom and how the country owed Clinton the Presidency. She did lots of fund raisers for billionaires and Democrat insiders, hardly any rallies and when she did, drew crowds in the dozens to hundreds. Then there was the general air of graft and corruption that hung over her.

The media, limousine liberals and political pundits were shocked and surprised that the peasants failed to vote the way they told them to. But in retrospect it is not that surprising.
    Russian Puppet also talked about letting transexuals use their gender identity bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by olivaw View Post
    There are probably almost as many reasons for Trump's EC victory as there are voters.

- Most voted along partisan lines.
    - The protectionist message resonated with voters who believe that he can bring back jobs that were lost to globalization.
    - Some wanted to send a message about special interests.
    - Many Americans (like my R friends) aren't overt racists but they want to stem the demographic shift that will render whites a minority. Trump's anti-immigrant message resonated.
    - Some are afraid of Muslims,.
    - Others are white nationalists. Trump's wink and a nod approval of their agenda appealed.
    - The guns 'n ammo set voted Trump.
    - Many want Roe v. Wade overturned. Anthony Scalia's death changed the dynamic of the election for these folks.
    - More than a few people didn't want a female president.
    - Some mistakenly believe that Hillary was sick, corrupt, or insane.
    - And maybe some are young men who related to Trump's treatment of women.

The majority didn't vote for Trump at all.
    Wow-thanks for the info-I guess all this talk about the US economy was just a waste of time-everybody is swimming in cash-LOL.

Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast