WOW Air - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WOW Air

Quote Originally Posted by gibor365 View Post
    My MIL just came back from Florida. She flew with Air Canada and should've pay extra for check-in bag...
    It seems to depend on who they think their competition is as well as what the carriers servicing the area think the market will bear.

Fly Porter that isn't an early flight, then beer & wine are free. Fly Air Canada Rouge, then one has to bring their own phone/tablet/computer to access the movies etc. Otherwise, one does without or pays to rent an iPad to access the entertainment system.

Cheers

Also from the website
    In addition to this, you may board the plane with one personal item (max 42x20x20cm) such as a laptop, a small purse or camera bag
    I'm sorry but even my small laptop is bigger size , maybe only tablet will fit

You could just look at the cost of the flight as the ticket cost plus the cost of the checked bag. That way you don't have to stress about finding a bag that will work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Spudd View Post
    You could just look at the cost of the flight as the ticket cost plus the cost of the checked bag. That way you don't have to stress about finding a bag that will work.
    True. Gonna do it in future.... this time just booked as was specified that 1 carry on bag allowed for free.... thought the bag size can be as in other airlines

Quote Originally Posted by Ag Driver View Post
    There is nothing more frustrating then waiting up front for baggage issues because some ass hat thought they could find a loop hole in the system trying to save a buck and they find out their bag doesn't fit in the overhead and are asked to remove it and check it. That is one sure fire way to upset a Flight Attendant because they see this a number of times a day -- Passengers trying to jam their luggage in the over head while getting red in the face repeating "I swear it fit last time!!...." as they are holding up others trying to get to their seats so we can depart on time.
    It's gotten a lot worse now that most airlines charge to check baggage. I feel for the flight attendants who have to smile while explaining why you can't stow that oversized yukelele in front of the emergency window seat.. Having been in a few aircraft emergencies where the training/preparation was key, I'm afraid customer service doesn't mix well with safety (and it's been shown that most passengers don't actually pay attention, comprehend or remember safety briefs)

I can check luggage for free at least in Canada but usually don't because of all the restrictions now (can't clear customs or board a flight without your checked luggage post 9/11 etc) A soft 30L backpack has worked well for me on a large variety of airlines and planes and I can easily stow it and get out of the way immediately. Some airlines are definitely more efficient at boarding than others. If they offer to "sky check" carry-on that really seems to speed up the process

Amat Victoria Curam

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123