WOW Air
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WOW Air

WOW Air

Wow Air is offering pretty cheap prices on flights to Europe. Anybody flew with this carrier?
    Theie website states "Included in your airfare is one small carry-on bag up to a maximum of 42x32x25cm (10kg/22 lbs)" - curious if they really measuring your bag in airport? and what if it's couple of cm bigger?

The check-in counters have those metal frame thingies that mimic the dimensions of the overhead compartment.

If the bag can be stuffed into that, you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by gibor365 View Post
    curious if they really measuring your bag in airport? and what if it's couple of cm bigger?
    I've never seen them actually measure or deny a carry-on.. although sometimes I wish they would as people are pushing the limits more and more now. A few cm's is nothing compared to what I see people bringing on board

Many overhead bins can hold larger than the limit and if not or all the space is already taken the cabin crew just check it below for free.. and the actual space available depends drastically on the plane itself
    Last edited by m3s; 2017-01-11 at 05:57 PM.
    amat victoria curam

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by m3s View Post
    I've never seen them actually measure or deny a carry-on ...
    I've seen the measuring then denial more on the US airlines.

Though lately, I have seen around five people at the Canadian airline check in gate asked to put their carry on into the measuring metal frame. The five were able to make it fit so there's only been one at the check in gate that I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by m3s View Post
    ... Many overhead bins can hold larger than the limit and if not or all the space is already taken the cabin crew just check it below for free.. and the actual space available depends drastically on the plane itself
    Interesting ... for me it's either the bin is the exact size, barely larger or so much smaller that I have had to up the carry on under the seat, despite lots of empty over head bins. A few times, where the overhead bin is too small - the aisle seat has also been too narrow.

The plane size is the biggest factor.

Cheers

I attempted to book flights with WOW for this last July. They had no flights available for their advertised low prices. I was looking for two flights...Toronto to Iceland, and Iceland to Ireland. I ended up checking to see if they had any for anytime during the spring or summer. Nothing at advertised prices, when I looked late winter. I think their advertising is a scam.

Iceland air has good deals that are available on many days/weeks and is full service airline rather than the budget WOW. We were really happy with our flights and so has everyone else that has taken them. Their Edmonton to Reykjavik flights has been extremely popular. And great prices. Edmonton to Paris for 600 when on sale, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RCB View Post
    I attempted to book flights with WOW for this last July. They had no flights available for their advertised low prices. I was looking for two flights...Toronto to Iceland, and Iceland to Ireland. I ended up checking to see if they had any for anytime during the spring or summer. Nothing at advertised prices, when I looked late winter. I think their advertising is a scam.
    My niece and 83 year old mother both used them to fly to LGW this year. Loved it. You do get into Rejkavik at 0400 or so which is rough but they said the flights were good. You have to bring your own food or buy it though.
    "That's what I do, I drink and I know things" - Tyrion Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectic12 View Post
    I've seen the measuring then denial more on the US airlines.

Though lately, I have seen around five people at the Canadian airline check in gate asked to put their carry on into the measuring metal frame. The five were able to make it fit so there's only been one at the check in gate that I can remember.
    Interesting.. I suppose I don't spend much time at check in

I have seen US airlines deny people trying to board before their zone is called (in Canada everyone jumps in line as soon as they call any zone...)

Some Asian airlines have figured out how to make a separate line for each zone and boarding goes much smoother (actually tend to take off early instead of late!)

Air Canada LGA to YUL yesterday delayed 30 mins trying to sort out carry-on and disorderly boarding for a short 1 hr flight...
    amat victoria curam

I attempted to book flights with WOW for this last July. They had no flights available for their advertised low prices
    I booked for my mom flight to London and back for $420,could've book for $390, but she wanted longer stay. However, when I checked priced for summer, it was even more expensive than Westjet direct flight.

I've never seen them actually measure or deny a carry-on..
    Are you talking about Wow or in general?
    Wow has different luggage rules, small carry on is free, big one is extra, as per their website:
    Included in your airfare is one small carry-on bag up to a maximum of 42x32x25cm (10kg/22 lbs) including handles and wheels.
    OR

You can purchase allowance for a large carry-on bag, (instead of the small carry-on) up to a maximum of 56x45x25cm including handles and wheels and no more than 12 kg (26 lbs), but please note that you are still only permitted one piece of carry-on baggage on board.
    In addition to this, you may board the plane with one personal item (max 42x20x20cm) such as a laptop, a small purse or camera bag, which must fit under the seat in front of you; and one duty free shopping bag.
    I just cannot find any bag that fit 42x32x25cm

My niece and 83 year old mother both used them to fly to LGW this year
    Koogie, can you ask them about luggage?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast