Ever met a celebrity ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever met a celebrity ?

Bill Gates, briefly.

did i mention van morrison....and neil young ... paul anka... (not all at same time!)

Not an NDPer, but for some reason, only politicians I have met are Bob Rae and Alexa McDonough. Neither at political events.

Spoke to Gary Player once at a promotional event in Montreal. Many years later bumped into Ernie Els - he took time to have a chat with us. He was in his shorts and flip-flops, no entourage or security and driving a tiny car. Great guy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

As I mentioned, I met George Chuvalo after he had spent a day in the city and had stopped at a friend's restaurant for a pizza.

I was invited to his table by his friend, and remember that he was quiet and reserved.

A couple of days later, I watched a local Rogers cablecast that showed Chuvalo had given a "talk" at the local high school.

He talked about his life and the tragedies in his family. He gave the most impassioned talk I have ever heard to the kids.

You could hear a pin drop in the auditorium. He had the kids full attention and there was some tears flowing by the end.

I wondered....how could a man who could hold an auditorium full of teenagers spell bound, lose his own family to drugs.

I gained a lot of respect for "The Champ" after watching that.
    Last edited by sags; 2017-01-12 at 01:26 AM. Reason: addition
    Someone planted a tree a long time ago so I can sit in the shade.

I also met Roger Moore. That's Bond, James Bond. We shared a hotel elevator in Rio de Janeiro almost 20 years go.

And I met Li Ka-Shing (who owns Husky Oil amongst other things and is the richest man in Hong Kong). Also close to 20 years ago. I also met several members of his family.
    Last edited by heyjude; 2017-01-12 at 01:18 AM.

I met William Macy this year and he is a very nice guy. I also met Richard Dean Anderson this year and over the years. Years ago I met the British Bulldogs and Randy Savage along with Elizabeth from the WWE.

When I worked in police , I met and talked with then President of Israel Ezer Weizman , couple of months ago met and chat with Kevin Reynolds and number 1 figure skater Kevin Reynolds.
    This Xmas when visiting Cuba, was drinking with Niklas Sundström, former NHL star who played 10 years in NYR, Sharks and Habs

Erin Brockovich sat on my bar in the Caymans.
    Met Lemmy from Motorhead twice (big celeb in the rock world- RIP sir.)
    Gordon Downie twice
    Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, Derek Sanderson
    Todd Rundgren
    All of Guns N' Roses
    All of The Cult except the singer
    Most of AC/DC
    Various lesser-known rock stars
    Charles Martin Smith used to be a regular on my bar in Vancouver- he'd sit and read scripts while sipping his drink.
    Ryan Reynolds was a regular in my bar when he was an unknown in Vancouver's Kitsilano- super nice guy.
    Ron Jeremy- (he was sitting behind us in the Rainbow after my band played the Whiskey-A-Go-Go in Hollywood once.)
    "What good is money if you can't inspire terror in your fellow man?"- C.M. Burns

Quote Originally Posted by new dog View Post
    I met William Macy this year and he is a very nice guy.
    I met his wife in the US - Felicity Huffman, a terrific actress. Nice couple!

Quote Originally Posted by olivaw View Post
    Yvonne Cournoyer, Pete Mahovlich, Yvonne Lambert. They lived in my neighbourhood in the suburbs of Montreal.

Yvon Lambert and Yvan Cournoyer

olivaw's obviously NOT a habs fan !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast