RESP QUESTION - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RESP QUESTION

Yes I have 5 GCs and 2 are no longer eligible so I just tell TDDI what is the latest split.

Thank you for this info . I didnt know about this .

There is also a maximum lifetime grant per student of $7200. Not complaining. This is an excellent program. It always surprises me that the participation rate is so low.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

To the OP, when you set up the RESP you have to tell the provider where you want the grants invested.
    Is it possible they credited your grants to tje mutual fund and you are looking in the savings portion.
    Otherwise it may be that you deposited the money to late in Dec to hit the banks submission to the gov for grants. They would then submit under their Jan submission.
    Most banks seem to do 1 submission per month for grants for all the RESP they hold.

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    There is also a maximum lifetime grant per student of $7200. Not complaining. This is an excellent program. It always surprises me that the participation rate is so low.
    There is also a lifetime contribution of $50k per student. This is just like an RRSP for the excess because if the kid does not use it, it can be transferred. Just make sure you leave enough room! We are planning to give each kid $40k but time will tell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12