Google custom search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Google custom search

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    With Nellie
    Posts
    183

    Google custom search

    Is broken. Getting...

    Not Found
    The requested URL /gtsearch.php was not found on this server.


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    46
    It's broken for me as well

  3. #3
    Senior Member heyjude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    898
    Me too!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Administrator cmfadmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    380
    Hey there

    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sending it up to tech.

    Ticket 2375940

    Dayle

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    With Nellie
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by cmfadmin View Post
    Hey there

    Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sending it up to tech.

    Ticket 2375940

    Dayle
    You'd be better porting the whole forum to Xenforo. It is immeasurably better than vBulletin in every conceivable way.

    Easier on your servers, faster, more social (reply notifications, etc), and probably cheaper to keep up to date.

  7. #6
    Administrator cmfadmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    380
    Thank you for your suggestion.

    ~ Glenda

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    46
    It's a week later and this is still broken. What's the expected turnaround time for implementing the fix?

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    With Nellie
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer416 View Post
    It's a week later and this is still broken. What's the expected turnaround time for implementing the fix?
    Hopefully they're contemplating Xenforo. That way we'll know when people have replied to us, or tagged us in a post.

  10. #9
    Administrator cmfadmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    380
    Sorry, we forgot to mention that this was fixed. If you are still getting the error, can you try clearing out cookies and cache and giving it another go?

    I can say there is no plan for changing the site over to Xenforo, and I don't think we'll want to either. However, you should be able to control whether or not you get email notifications for replies by subscribing to threads you want to get notifications for

    Kevin

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    With Nellie
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by cmfadmin View Post
    Sorry, we forgot to mention that this was fixed. If you are still getting the error, can you try clearing out cookies and cache and giving it another go?

    I can say there is no plan for changing the site over to Xenforo, and I don't think we'll want to either. However, you should be able to control whether or not you get email notifications for replies by subscribing to threads you want to get notifications for

    Kevin
    Yes. It's working now.

    I understand why you wouldn't want to change (hassle and money), but just so you know, subscribing to a thread is not the same. It notifies you every time someone posts. Being notified when you are quoted or tagged means you don't miss discussion that is directed towards you specifically.

    E.g. someone comes on the forum and asks a question, and someone replies saying "@cmfadmin went through this recently, maybe he can help." and you'll get a Facebook-like notification letting you know. Had you not been tagged, you might never have even read that thread. Or you might not be on the forum for a few days and miss it. But with notifications, when you eventually come back you will see that someone tagged you.

    It's very cool. I've been on forums which have switched from vBulletin to Xenforo and it gets great feedback. I've also worked with both as an admin. vBulletin still feels like it was written in 2003, whereas Xenforo feels like it was written for today's standards.

    Just my two cents


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •