Google custom search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google custom search

Google custom search

Is broken. Getting...

Not Found
    The requested URL /gtsearch.php was not found on this server.

It's broken for me as well

Me too!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Hey there

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sending it up to tech.

Ticket 2375940

Dayle

Quote Originally Posted by cmfadmin View Post
    Hey there

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sending it up to tech.

Ticket 2375940

Dayle
    You'd be better porting the whole forum to Xenforo. It is immeasurably better than vBulletin in every conceivable way.

Easier on your servers, faster, more social (reply notifications, etc), and probably cheaper to keep up to date.

Thank you for your suggestion.

~ Glenda

It's a week later and this is still broken. What's the expected turnaround time for implementing the fix?

Quote Originally Posted by explorer416 View Post
    It's a week later and this is still broken. What's the expected turnaround time for implementing the fix?
    Hopefully they're contemplating Xenforo. That way we'll know when people have replied to us, or tagged us in a post.

Sorry, we forgot to mention that this was fixed. If you are still getting the error, can you try clearing out cookies and cache and giving it another go?

I can say there is no plan for changing the site over to Xenforo, and I don't think we'll want to either. However, you should be able to control whether or not you get email notifications for replies by subscribing to threads you want to get notifications for

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by cmfadmin View Post
    Sorry, we forgot to mention that this was fixed. If you are still getting the error, can you try clearing out cookies and cache and giving it another go?

I can say there is no plan for changing the site over to Xenforo, and I don't think we'll want to either. However, you should be able to control whether or not you get email notifications for replies by subscribing to threads you want to get notifications for

Kevin
    Yes. It's working now.

I understand why you wouldn't want to change (hassle and money), but just so you know, subscribing to a thread is not the same. It notifies you every time someone posts. Being notified when you are quoted or tagged means you don't miss discussion that is directed towards you specifically.

E.g. someone comes on the forum and asks a question, and someone replies saying "@cmfadmin went through this recently, maybe he can help." and you'll get a Facebook-like notification letting you know. Had you not been tagged, you might never have even read that thread. Or you might not be on the forum for a few days and miss it. But with notifications, when you eventually come back you will see that someone tagged you.

It's very cool. I've been on forums which have switched from vBulletin to Xenforo and it gets great feedback. I've also worked with both as an admin. vBulletin still feels like it was written in 2003, whereas Xenforo feels like it was written for today's standards.

Just my two cents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast