TDB8150 HISA

Thread: TDB8150 HISA

TDB8150 HISA

I was just wondering if someone could clarify with me if the TDB8150 High interest savings product through TD direct investing has any trailing or commission fees attached to it?
    I know its not a mutual fund, but it uses a mutual fund ticker. But i recently tried to buy some, but i'm not sure what to put where it goes "includes commission" as i understand there is no commission for this fund.

Also as i understand this is not a rear or load fund? so when ever the prompt comes up for this product, am i more less ignoring this prompt and it just applies to actual mutual funds?

Any assistance is always appreciated.
    Thanks guys.

If you are a customer of TD Direct, you can invest in any of the TD e-funds without paying commissions. That is what they mean by "includes commissions". There are no trailing fees.

There's a message about a trailing fee that pops up when you buy it, but there's no actual fee taken out. Or maybe they pay 1% interest and only give you 0.75% because they're paying a 0.25% commission to themselves, but anyway, as far as it matters it's just 0.75% interest with no fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudd View Post
    Or maybe they pay 1% interest and only give you 0.75% because they're paying a 0.25% commission to themselves
    I believe that this is the exact situation. The "F-Series" version, which you cannot get in TDDI, is the underlying commission-free product. I use these HISA accounts all the time, and I know that there is no trailing commission or trading fees.

So from the sounds of it, i basically am ignoring the prompts.

It also sounds like i can disgard the part that says "commission - yes or no"

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEights View Post
    So from the sounds of it, i basically am ignoring the prompts.

It also sounds like i can disgard the part that says "commission - yes or no"
    I always just leave that checked, but it probably makes no difference.

Thanks guys for the help. Much appreciated as always.

Quote Originally Posted by gardner View Post
    I believe that this is the exact situation. The "F-Series" version, which you cannot get in TDDI, is the underlying commission-free product. I use these HISA accounts all the time, and I know that there is no trailing commission or trading fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudd View Post
    There's a message about a trailing fee that pops up when you buy it, but there's no actual fee taken out. Or maybe they pay 1% interest and only give you 0.75% because they're paying a 0.25% commission to themselves, but anyway, as far as it matters it's just 0.75% interest with no fees.
    See this link:https://www.tdassetmanagement.com/so...ount/index.jsp

The standard series (TDB8150) pays 0.75% interest, where the F series (TDB8151) pays 1% interest. So I suppose TD Asset Management is paying a 0.25% trailing fee to TD Direct Investing on TDB8150. Same as if you buy an A series mutual fund in TDDI the fund provider pays a trailing fee to TDDI. Questrade actually rebates mutual fund trailer fees above a monthly threshold.

Functionally though, it is a HISA that currently pays 0.75% interest with no buy or sell commissions.

Invest your time actively and your money passively.