- Mr and Mrs Mordko, in their late 40s.
- Mr Mordko's income: 150-200K
- Mrs Mordko's income: currently 0; might do charity and/or a bit of work going forward if she feels like it.
2 children, both been through this and that and rep hockey and all that comes with it; now at university (which costs less):
- Child A: finishing off his co-op; will be entering a postraduate programme next year. Should get CPA and stand on his own 2 feet by 2019.
- Child B: 3.5-4.5 years before graduation.
- Currently renting; paid for by the client.
- Looking at re-entering the housing market in the next 12 months with a budget of 700K-1M.
- Buy a hobby farm and feed ourselves 100%
- Retire by the age of 55, once both kids are on their feet.
- Investments in Canada: $970K. 100% shares, Couch Potato style portfolio.
- Investments in UK pension funds: $160K. Almost 100% shares, Couch Potato style portfolio.
- HISA: $800K (earmarked for the house)
- DB Pension (Mr Mordko) - no idea what the value is, but I would guess transfer value >$500K if I were to change jobs right now. Which I might.
- RESP (remaining balance): $40K.
Total assets: ~$2,470,000
- Other (not counted in the total worth):
a) a small DB pension from UK for Mrs Mordko from the age of 65
b) Small state UK and Canadian pensions for Mr and Mrs Mordko from the age of 67/65.