Agrium/Potash

Thread: Agrium/Potash

Agrium/Potash

I am looking to take a position in this sector. Any thoughts or advise on which to buy pre-merger. Have the arbitragers taken out any advantage of one over the other?

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas.

I have been thinking of buying in too. But I am not sure that deal will actually go through due to anti-trust laws in USA. If the deal fails, then which would be better to own? I wish I knew. his a link from CBC last September.

I have been adding a little to my AGU holdings and that rather than POT because the dividend on AGU is still a little higher I think.

I believe I will want to keep holding the new merged entity once it emerges, but I am concerned that the dividend yield will take a hit.

I can't see any recent news on the merger. Do we know when it is likely to close? "Mid 2017" is coming fairly soon and that is the most precise info I can find.
    Any clue if there are liable to be tax consequences (capital gains event) for holders of one or the other?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

I hear ya...all I know about is here...
    https://www.realagriculture.com/2017...lose-mid-2017/
    Hidden Content - Working on a $1 million portfolio and $30k per year from it.

My tilt is to buy AG because the valuation is better. This merger looks like a winner, but it won't be a rocket ship - dividends, modest to slow growth. Eventually, which could be a long time, potash price will inch up.
    I'm in awe POT stock price has held up considering its huge p/e and very high dividend payout ratio. I expected it to drop below 20 a long time ago.
    We can not know things as they are in themselves, but only as they appear to us.

will be known by the much shorter name of Nutrien Inc.
    http://business.financialpost.com/pm...1-af9c0d8f8927