$300 "FREE" from TD Canada Trust? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $300 "FREE" from TD Canada Trust?

Quote Originally Posted by jargey3000 View Post
    .. first thing first - assuming you haven't opened or had an existing TD chequing acc't after Nov. 1, 2015 ... did you receive the offer confirmation email directly from TDCT? If not, then I don't think you qualify as this is an "invite" and not just one from another website or FB for that matter.

i dont read the fine print that way... To me, as long as i get an email conformation from TD after submitting the form in the link, I can trot into a branch with it & way to go. Plunk $4000 into the second-option account, do their 2 requiremnets, park the money for 12 weeks & close it out when I get the $300 - No?
    Jargey,have a few of these.. and think over what you will REALLY GET OUT OF THIS. It could end up costing
    you a LOT more than the $50 carrot they are waving in front of you!

Quote Originally Posted by carverman View Post
    Jargey,have a few of these.. and think over what you will REALLY GET OUT OF THIS. It could end up costing
    ... good idea Carverman and that he should read the fine print in the order it comes in ... have or not opened or had an existing TD chequing acc't after Nov. 1, 2015? If you did, do not pass GO ... and waste your (and ours) time with this $50 "freebie".
    Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

It looks pretty good to me. There's no need to do the GIC thing you're talking about. You need to put in the $4000 and leave it there until they give you the $300, and you need to do 2 of the 3 requirements. The bill payment should be easy. The other 2 might be a little trickier, do you really want to change your direct deposit or direct debit information with any of your providers and then have to change it back 12 weeks later? If you're OK with that, then go for it, I say.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by carverman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver101 View Post
    ... good idea Carverman and that he should read the fine print in the order it comes in ... have or not opened or had an existing TD chequing acc't after Nov. 1, 2015? If you did, do not pass GO ... and waste your (and ours) time with this $50 "freebie".
    $50? what $50?
    cant you guys read? it's $300.
    I thought you guys were pretty good with numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudd View Post
    It looks pretty good to me. There's no need to do the GIC thing you're talking about. You need to put in the $4000 and leave it there until they give you the $300, and you need to do 2 of the 3 requirements. The bill payment should be easy. The other 2 might be a little trickier, do you really want to change your direct deposit or direct debit information with any of your providers and then have to change it back 12 weeks later? If you're OK with that, then go for it, I say.
    yeah, thought about that spudd, but what they hey ...why not i say

NO..I do not have, or opened aTD chequing acct...
    And as far as wasting YOUR time...you can choose to just ignore this thread, man....

Quote Originally Posted by jargey3000 View Post
    NO..I do not have, or opened aTD chequing acct...
    And as far as wasting YOUR time...you can choose to just ignore this thread, man....
    ... okee Pops, it would have helped if you said so in the first place in your post #10 - as that sounded like you missed it or chose to ignore it. And if you did and went ahead with it, then you could be wasting your time (you do have to trot to your branch, right?) is that what I really meant and subsequently ours trying to help you find any "reasons" as why not to ie. the requirements you may be missing. As for the bonus being $300 and not $50, Carverman is the money number expert here so you can lay that on him.

Anyhow, I agree with Spudd, go for it - $300 / $4,000 for 3 months is an excellent rate of return. But you do have to meet the other requirements as Spudd also outlined ... As for that direct deposit with pension monies, there may be restrictions on that mentioned in the rest of the Terms and Conditions. Good luck as I won't be further commenting here.
    Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

...okay, pal. thanks
    Last edited by jargey3000; 2017-01-05 at 08:16 PM.

There is a long thread on Red Flag Deals about this offer. Plenty of people have done it.

... okee Pops, it would have helped if you said so in the first place in your post #10 - as that sounded like you missed it or chose to ignore it. And if you did and went ahead with it, then you could be wasting your time (you do have to trot to your branch, right?) is that what I really meant and subsequently ours trying to help you find any "reasons" as why not to ie. the requirements you may be missing. As for the bonus being $300 and not $50, Carverman is the money number expert here so you can lay that on him.

Anyhow, I agree with Spudd, go for it - $300 / $4,000 for 3 months is an excellent rate of return. But you do have to meet the other requirements as Spudd also outlined ... As for that direct deposit with pension monies, there may be restrictions on that mentioned in the rest of the Terms and Conditions. Good luck as I won't be further commenting here.
    aye mateys and there's the rub...when I googled to find more about that "hot deal"...here's what I found...

B]For an investment of $5,000 to $9999 or more[/B], you can choose:
    A qualifying non-cashable Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) with a term of 1 year or more; or
    An eligible TD Mutual Fund or TD Managed Assets Program portfolio and, by March 1, 2017 set up a new or increase an existing Pre-Authorized Purchase Plan.
    and this..it's not just $300 to open an account and leave $4,000 in it for 3 months..why TDBank Canada would go broke if all their customers tried to pull that trick. LOL

Last edited by carverman; 2017-01-06 at 09:25 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast