I'm buying a new condo - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I'm buying a new condo

Quote Originally Posted by Esco View Post
    That would depend on the realtor. If he/she is low-grade and just wants to make a quick buck, you are right.
    If they are upper level agents they will want to make as much money as possible
    Basic math-better to sell 3 this week at $735 than one at $800.

That would depend on the realtor. If he/she is low-grade and just wants to make a quick buck, you are right.
    If they are upper level agents they will want to make as much money as possible
    No, Nelley is correct here. It is about getting listings and/or closing, not holding out for the highest selling price (by either agent).

At $830k and 5% divided by seller/buyer agents, your agent is looking at $20,750 or perhaps $11,620 after inc tax and office split. Sell for $730k and they have $10,220 at/office split. Thats only a $1,400 difference - your agent is happy to see you buy. And remember the listing agent has probably done most of the work.
    I'd be more concerned as the seller that my agent has underpriced or advised me to acccept a lower offer than might yet come along just to make the sale. Holding out for the highest price is not the driver.

Maybe you should change your handle to "Just a Girl".
    You know....this comment right here says a lot about the poster. And it's not good : (

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Please don't forget that aside from the mortgage payment on whatever you get it for, you will (likely) be responsible to pay condo fees. This can also mean kicking-in on repairs to the premises. I have a relative that was hit with a huge bill to repair and resurface the building's parking lot. Personally, I stay away from condos.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567