Canadian Money Forum banner

reading books

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Rusty O'Toole 
#1 ·
Looking for some suggestions. I currently enjoy the books of John Grisham and michael connelly. I am looking for sugestions that other people have on good authors that write investigative, law or mystery books. Nothing I hate more than buying a book and getting half way through it and not really enjoying it. Thanks for the suggestions.

#2 ·
The Publication Coach Recommended books 2016 , she reads a book a week and I've gotten some great ides from here.

War Dogs suggust seeing the movie first.

George Mahood: you can order hard copies but The kindle versions are way cheaper. Fabulous author highly recommended Haven't read all bis books but the ones I have are really good. http://www.georgemahood.com

Jim Koch The Boston beer guy, great book if you're into small business stories

The Whole Story of Climate: excellent if you want to understand climate change, very readable

The Spy who couldn't spell

Ghost in the wires older book but a great read

#4 ·
On my wish list but not read yet

Cruising Attitude: Tales of Crashpads, Crew Drama, and Crazy Passengers at 35,000 Feet Kindle Edition

Ray & Joan: The Man Who Made the McDonald's Fortune and the Woman Who Gave It All Away Kindle Edition

Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right Kindle Edition

Ratf**ked: The True Story Behind the Secret Plan to Steal America's Democracy Kindle Edition

Trust Me, I'm Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator Kindle Edition

Catch Me If You Can: The True Story Of A Real Fake Kindle Edition

How We Got to Now: Six Innovations that Made the Modern World Kindle Edition (Love the PBS series)

The Triangle: A Year on the Ground with New York's Bloods and Crips Kindle Edition

#5 ·
Just reading through Dan Simmons Hyperion Cantos (4 books) a second time ... it's been awhile ...

"On the world called Hyperion, beyond the law of the Hegemony of Man, there waits the creature called the Shrike. There are those who worship it. There are those who fear it. And there are those who have vowed to destroy it. In the Valley of the Time Tombs, where huge, brooding structures move backward through time, the Shrike waits for them all. On the eve of Armageddon ... "

A series best read slowly with reflection/analysis now and then, and appreciated, as I'm finding with most if not all the stuff I read years ago just to pass the time in airports and so on ...

Fwiw I use Calibre on my laptop and find books on the internet ... the tiny paperback font is just not doable for me these days.

#6 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.