5 Tech Stocks - any comments? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 Tech Stocks - any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by hboy54 View Post
    Every year I lose about an hour of my life waiting in line behind lottery folks to pay for gas or whatnot. If only there were some way to convince them that they and I would be better off in the expected value sense, and the time wasted sense, if they turned around and gave me 20 cents on the dollar of what they were going to spend on tickets and we both then got on with our day.
    i HEAR YA! ME TOO!
    Another little "shopping" tip....this comes from 30+ years of shopping or returning things 'da wife' has bought at the various stores...:
    If you're ever at the checkouts at busy stores with long lines, ALWAYS try to get in the line with the most MEN & less WOMEN. You WILL get thru faster!!! Men will have their cash or cards out, in hand, waiting to be checked in. women, on the other hand will stand there, waiting, for all the items to be checked in. Then, a delay. then- like a light goes off -"oh, right! I have to PAY for this!" Then another few minutes while she rummages thru a huge purse to find the right card or whatever...Multiply this by the no. of women vs men in line...and you soon get the picture!. This is NOT sexism...just the facts!!!

I play lottery with a group and $2 per week, $104 yearly...I don't drink or smoke (occasionally). I don't mind to spend yearly $104 on lottery as they use lottery money for free health care.

Throwing a nickel out here - how about purchasing ETF TXF instead of picking individual tech stocks?

ETF's objective:
    Investment Goal: The investment objective of the Tech ETF is to provide holders, through an actively managed portfolio, as described below, with (i) quarterly cash distributions, (ii) the opportunity for capital appreciation by investing on an equal weight basis in a portfolio of securities of the 25 largest Technology Companies (as defined herein) measured by market capitalization listed on a North American stock exchange and (iii) lower overall volatility of returns on the portfolio than would be experienced by owning a portfolio of securities of such issuers directly.

Of course, there're cons (high MER, hedged, low liquidity, yada, yada) and cons (meet objective, acceptable yield, option premium as bonus, nice yield, other yadas)- but pros seem to outweigh cons for a long term hold.
    Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.-A. Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver101 View Post
    Throwing a nickel out here - how about purchasing ETF TXF instead of picking individual tech stocks?

ETF's objective:
    Investment Goal: The investment objective of the Tech ETF is to provide holders, through an actively managed portfolio, as described below, with (i) quarterly cash distributions, (ii) the opportunity for capital appreciation by investing on an equal weight basis in a portfolio of securities of the 25 largest Technology Companies (as defined herein) measured by market capitalization listed on a North American stock exchange and (iii) lower overall volatility of returns on the portfolio than would be experienced by owning a portfolio of securities of such issuers directly.

Of course, there're cons (high MER, hedged, low liquidity, yada, yada) and cons (meet objective, acceptable yield, option premium as bonus, nice yield, other yadas)- but pros seem to outweigh cons for a long term hold.
    tks beav' - appreciate the input

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12