Wynne gov't lying to consumers on cap and trade carbon tax on home heating bills - Page 2
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wynne gov't lying to consumers on cap and trade carbon tax on home heating bills

That's right, everyone who disagrees with you must be brainwashed or self-esteem interested because your point of view is the only need reasonable one. This is why I am trying to stop commenting on these threads.

I am no longer employed by the government, and am not a union member. I am not brainwashed either. I am pretty pissed because of about a lot of things that the Ontario Liberals have done, and would gladly vote for a credible alternative if there were one. I'm not going to vote against a party until there is an alternative I can support.

The Ontario PCs have consistently failed to present themselves as capable of providing good government that is representative of all Ontarians, or a leader that I could support.

Brown has so far continued this sorry tradition, but he still has a few years to up his game before the election, and God knows he doesn't have a high standard to beat vis-vis the Liberals.

Correction:

So, 28 percent of people in Ontario are or used to be employed by the government or unions. No other way to explain that there are still people supporting liberals in Ontario.
    Ontario Liberals will come to a sorry end. Other peoples' money will eventually run out. The question is if there will still be any industry left in the province (outside government and retirees).

Except that a lot of people working in government see what is going on with the party in power and get sick of it. I worked for Conservative and Liberal governments in Ontario and at the the federal level, and see this happen.

The notion that anyone who works for government is a fallacy. I knew lots of Tories and New Democrats in government. But more importantly, the people bi worked with one that it was their job to serve b the governer of the day, and the public interest.

And suggesting that I owe them some debt because I used to work for the government is ridiculous. I started in both levels of government under Conservatives. I got to retire by saving and investing well despite the Liberals freezing managers' salary for six years. People tend not to think highly of party that freezes their salaries for that long.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post

The Ontario PCs have consistently failed to present themselves as capable of providing good government that is representative of all Ontarians, or a leader that I could support.

Brown has so far continued this sorry tradition, but he still has a few years to up his game before the election, and God knows he doesn't have a high standard to beat vis-vis the Liberals.
    We all would like a party that represents all the people all the time, and a leader that's inspiring and will have history books written about them, but that's often fantasy. At this point of time, with a decade and a half of an absolute atrocious record, a monkey that flings it's poo at a board is better at picking policies to help the province. I apologize about the visual, but it really isn't that far off. At least the monkey isn't going to lie about what it's doing.

So Davis, you can wait forever for your prefect Conservative leader to come in on a horse and wow you away, or you can get real and stop day dreaming.

That's just the thing: we aren't allowed to choose a money that flings poo at a dartboard. Last time, the only alternative was Tim Hudak, who would have been worse than the monkey. If only there were still a New Democratic Party to give us a third choice, not that I'm crazy about social democrats, but they seem to have disappeared altogether.

That's just the thing: we aren't allowed to choose a money that flings poo at a dartboard. Last time, the only alternative was Tim Hudak, who would have been worse than the monkey. If only there were still a New Democratic Party to give us a third choice, not that I'm crazy about social democrats, but they seem to have disappeared altogether.
    Lucky for us, Patrick Brown is that monkey. But you seem to have written him off already.

I'd very much like Andrea Horwath to lead the PCs, but I'm not into day dreaming.

Brown has not impressed me so far: playing to SoCons to get elected, then trying to bury them. Trying to use the sex Ed curriculum against the Liberals in a by election, then running away from that as quickly as he could. Not really coming up with much in the way of policy other than opposing the Liberals. But as I wrote, he has a few years yet to get his act together, so I'll keep an open mind and see how things look at election time. I think it is safe to say that few here would keep an open mind about Wynne regardless of what she does in the next few years. For me, I'll gather all the info and make my decision when the time comes.

I think it is safe to say that few here would keep an open mind about Wynne regardless of what she does in the next few years. For me, I'll gather all the info and make my decision when the time comes.

Quite a few people kept an open mind about Wynn, after a decade of the Dalton McGunity horror show. How well did that turn out? What's that quote from Einstein about doing the same over and over again and expecting a different result? What did he call it? Insanity was it?

Good on you for trying to keep an open mind, but feel free to call me cynical. 15 years, dozen and dozens of scandals, police investigations, an economy in the toilet, and the biggest debt of any sovereign state later, and I have no faith left.

So that's pretty hilarious. You're $1 a month higher than the average, and you accidentally her of lying. Tell us how you really feel, carverman.

Or better yet, have a nice cup of tea and calm down. All this anger isn't doing your heart any good.
    I'm on fixed income. Maybe I should ask my CPP and OAS pensions to be raised by $7 to make up the increase
    to my heating bill because of this new carbon tax that the "assh*les" are installing starting January 1st?

Get real Davis..maybe you think that $7 extra tax coming off your lucrative salary is nothing to cry about?
    ... but for me..it means less of my pension to live on and more to pay to the big assh*les that run Queens Park, who lie to the public because they don't care!
    Last edited by carverman; 2016-12-28 at 04:50 PM.

Carverman, I no longer have a salary. Your CPP and OAS are being increased for inflation. I don't like paying more for fuel than anyone else, but I also think n it's high time that we do something about carbon beyond clapping our hands over our ears and shouting "I can't hear you." The only way to get people and business to produce less carbon is to start charging for it.

As an aside it is unfortunate that when some one starts a thread with a premise that gets disproved (like Wynne is lying about the cost), it never gets removed from the heading.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast