HBC - any thoughts?

Thread: HBC - any thoughts?

HBC - any thoughts?

Hi all - I am invested with HBC at average cost of $ 15.55 so obviously down. Any thoughts on performance of stock? I was attracted by Saks exposure and expansion in Europe (though economy is weak there). Thinking of cutting my losses.

I have no idea about share pricing and annual reports but I do know that they are competing against the likes of Amazon. Still, they might have a good holiday sales season in the States, so there is a chance that short-term news might be good.

Quote Originally Posted by mordko View Post
    I have no idea about share pricing and annual reports but I do know that they are competing against the likes of Amazon. Still, they might have a good holiday sales season in the States, so there is a chance that short-term news might be good.
    Thanks mordko - I dont think people go on Amazon to buy luxury or specialty goods en masse but we will see what the Christmas numbers look like. HBC had a big jump in ecommerce sales so that was a good sign.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Well, Ralph Lauren and jewelry are available on Amazon. Assume the products are there because people buy them. This article suggests it's the case http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/16/luxur...ng-online.html

Quote Originally Posted by mordko View Post
    Well, Ralph Lauren and jewelry are available on Amazon. Assume the products are there because people buy them. This article suggests it's the case http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/16/luxur...ng-online.html
    Now you are freaking me out! :-) Going to do some more research on their Christmas results. If not good, I think I will cut my losses.

I have watched that stock for a long time. I never bought it and if I had it I would dump it and move on to something that has a better chance of appreciation in the short and long term.

I have a bit of an emotional tie to the the Bay. Shopped at Morgan`s, then the Bay all of my life, including last week. Plus three years of working part time at Younge and Bloor while in school (they were an excellent employer).

But my purchases have declined significantly over the years. Only the odd bit of clothing or gifts now - something that can be returned if necessary.

^^^

"Watched that stock for a long time" hopefully means one knows that current stock went public in 2012, after being taken private around 2006.
    https://www.thestar.com/business/201...lic_again.html

Cheers