Guroo box tv - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guroo box tv

Why anyone pays significant monthly fees for IPTV or VOIP is beyond me. You already paid for the internet. Kodi is the real deal and the rest are profiteers

amat victoria curam

This is illegal, and these little companies pop up all the time and then disappear. If you want to watch tv without payign for it, you can do that for free by using something like Exodus. There is no reason to pay someone $20/month to watch his illegal streams.

Quote Originally Posted by m3s View Post
    Why anyone pays significant monthly fees for IPTV or VOIP is beyond me. You already paid for the internet. Kodi is the real deal and the rest are profiteers
    I am fine with paying reasonable charges for content I enjoy (paying for Netflix even though I could pirate it). I agree it makes no sense to pay for pirated content that is available for free.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CanadianMoneyForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    This is illegal, and these little companies pop up all the time and then disappear. If you want to watch tv without payign for it, you can do that for free by using something like Exodus. There is no reason to pay someone $20/month to watch his illegal streams.
    Actually guroobox TV stream is not illegal as far as I know.
    The cable companies stream TV channels to you. They are not doing anything illegal. They do not compensate the broadcasters for distributing their channels.
    The movie streaming may or may not be illegal. I suspect it could be soon if it is not. It seems to be a Grey area.

Guroobox aggregates these sites and provides an interface and quality control that is much more user friendly for the non tech people. It also does all the tech support when exodus etc is not working.
    FWIW I have seen people screwing around on a kodi type box trying to find something in decent enough quality to watch. Having to restart, then try a number of sources. Then restart again, then shitty quality to try another Etc etc
    Painful

But not sure if guroo is refined enough yet.

If I try it I will let you know how it works.

If it's legal then how are they able to offer so many channels for such a low price when legitimate iptv companies cannot? For example look at the prices Vmedia and Zazeen charge for their tv packages.

I agree that using kodi addons to watch streams is frustrating, you often have to try many streams before you get one that works. THe problem with these iptv providers is that they are here today and gone tomorrow, then you're stuck trying to figure out how to find streams for their overpriced tv box.

Quote Originally Posted by twa2w View Post
    FWIW I have seen people screwing around on a kodi type box trying to find something in decent enough quality to watch. Having to restart, then try a number of sources. Then restart again, then shitty quality to try another Etc etc
    Painful

But not sure if guroo is refined enough yet.
    This is my experience as well, but I don't see how anyone could make that smooth and transparent using the same sketchy sources

Monthly fees should be always scrutinized imo. $8 might be worth it for an original content provider like Netflix but more than double for a re-streaming service?

I was just watching free world class Dakar coverage on Red Bull TV from on AppleTV. You can't even see decent Dakar coverage on any paid Canadian TV.

I think things like Red Bull TV are the future. It's not constrained by arbitrary lines in the sand like traditional networks are. It's just free.. self publicity

And no one is getting thrown in jail for streaming.. uploading maybe. Networks don't stream to other networks regions to protect each other's market control.

It's like when suppliers or dealers collude not to compete across borders.. but it's not illegal to buy from a foreign supplier
    amat victoria curam

The cable companies claim that it is illegal to sell/distribute the boxes, and that it being resolved in court now. I have not seen any good source day that it is illegal to watch steamed video in Canada, either through a box or through the Kodi software on your computer.

I use the Kodi software. Occasionally I have to poke around to find a good stream, but usually I get it on the first go.

Through these services are you able to get local news during news hours?
    I'm ready to cut the cable, but my wife will only support it if she get the news and Ellen...

Depends where local is. For some reason this company has Edmonton, Vancouver toronto etc channels but not Calgary.

As for cost compared to netflicks, they are 15.99 month compared to 8.95 for netflicks. They have more movies than netflicks plus over 200 TV channels. Movies are blu-ray quality except for movies that are currently in theatres which may be somewhat lower quality.
    No need for cable, no need for netflicks, no need for pvr or blu-ray. You can get any TV show for the past 60 days and in most cases of serials you can go back 3 or more seasons.
    If you want you can get programming from other countries.
    The standard set up me would be USA, Canada, Britain.
    For others it may be Urdu and Arabic.

They are just developing a guide so you would have to know what channel your program it was on. Ie NBC, ABC etc. Channels are well identified.
    You do need fairly decent Internet. Dialup won't cut it :-)

You can also take the box with you if you travel. As long as you have strong enough Internet you can hook up.
    Box is pretty small. About the size, thickness of two cigarette packages stuck together.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast