Prepaid phone with US roaming? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prepaid phone with US roaming?

After a bit of checking, I decided to go with the knowroaming sim. Seems like a good option for our use. Just waiting for SIM to arrive in mail (They are Toronto based)

Have had the knowroaming sim installed for a few days now. It works fine here in Canada although our main use will be in USA. We went with the straight SIM instead of the sticker type sim that sticks to your existing sim. The sticker has some features that could be useful to some, but for me, I am giving up on my Canadian paygo with Speakout and needed an actual sim. The Knowroaming service is less expensive with no LD charges. More info here: https://www.knowroaming.com/

If you look at it, don't worry about having to pay $9.95 or $29.95 for the SIM or sticker. Firstly, you can get 30% off by using a referral code ( you can use mine GRAMO40). Then you get promotional credits of various types that can be worth more in airtime than the cost of the sims. Some they give you on sign up, others by just posting a twitter or facebook message.

Straight SIM can be useful as a simple payasyougo low use phone both sides of the border and airtime doesn't expire unless there has been no use for 15 months! Sim or sticker great for those who travel a lot - automatically switches when you cross borders. Data available, but costs can add up if you are not careful. Offers free Whatsup, but I don't understand the benefit or know anyone that uses it.

By the way, you need an unlocked smartphone. I bought a refurbished Motorola Moto E from Staples for $69.00. Seems to do everything my kids phones do (and for which they are paying $$$ on their "plans")

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12